If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Set default subtitle format on Roku

Cool JavelinCool Javelin Posts: 11Members ✭✭

My Roku cannot use idx/srt subtitles, so I have been converting them to srt format and I'd like to leave the old idx/sub files in the directory alongside the sub file.

Given a choice, my Roku player selects the idx format over the srt, but cannot display that format. (how stupid is that)

If I manually go into "playback options" I can select the srt format, and it works fine.

How do I tell the Plex client to default to the srt format rather then idx/srt format?

Thanks, Mark.

Best Answer

• Cool JavelinCool Javelin Posts: 11Members ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

OK, I solved the 'symptom'. I wrote a python program to recurse folders and move any idx/sub files to a subfolder.

Answers

• Cool JavelinCool Javelin Posts: 11Members ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

OK, I solved the 'symptom'. I wrote a python program to recurse folders and move any idx/sub files to a subfolder.