If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Transcoder path

aeroweb340aeroweb340 Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Hi,

I have attached a usb external drive to my 16 gb Nvidia Shield.

Am I supposed to change the transcoder path on the Plex server advanced settings?

If yes, is it /usb storage/Plex Media Server/transcode/ ?
or /sdcard/Plex Media Server/transcode/ ?

Many thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• ASiDiEASiDiE Posts: 86Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am looking for the same answer... I go into ES File Explorer and click on my SDCARD. In my case it's a USB 3.0 SSD HD. ES File Explorer says its listed as /Storage/3C6D-94B8. I then created a Plex folder under that. I am hoping this is the correct path to put in for the Temp Transcoder Path.

Now that we can use SD cards and External storage for our DATABASE... please allow us to PICK the folder from the devices on the SHIELD just like we can with the database. This would be a simple solution.

BTW... this is what I am using for my transcoder path

/storage/3C6D-94B8/Android/data/com.plexapp.mediaserver.smb/cache

You would just need to change the XXXX-XXXX to your SDCARD drive.