If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Media Server shows indirect connection from all devices that access my network through wifi

DrammDramm Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex Media Server shows indirect connection from all devices that access my network through wifi, but not if I hardwire it to the router. My Pi is hardwired to the router as well. Did not have this issue before this morning. My Pi just quit on me and I had to reinstall Plex for some reason. I assume my wifi and the ports on the back of the router should all be considered the same network. Any suggestions or ideas would be great.

Answers

• uglymagoouglymagoo Posts: 977Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja
    edited April 30

@Dramm said:
    I assume my wifi and the ports on the back of the router should all be considered the same network. Any suggestions or ideas would be great.

There is a router feature called "AP Isolation". Please check if this is available in your router and enabled. This would have the effect your are describing.

Official instructions for Plex Media Server on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 / Banana Pi / ODROID / many more : armhf and arm64 Debian Repository
    My PMS hardware: RPi 2, NVIDIA Shield TV, Intel Xeon

• ProfitCProfitC Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

You might have to login plex.tv and go to the settings portion for the PMS you are having issues with and there might be a spot that says "claim server" and will ask you to login with your plex account username + password.

I recently tested a PMS on my nVidia Shield TV and this is what I noticed. Someone might have clearer instructions.

Plex Media Server - Synology DS215+
    Storage/NAS - Dual 4TB in Raid 1
    LiveTV DVR - HDHomeRun Prime with Fios/ Hauppauge WinTV DualHD USB TV Tuner (works with NVidia shield)
    Clients - Apple TV 4 / Nvidia Shield (2017) 16GB / HTPC/Game Desktop / Apple TV 3