If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

My plex app on roku stuck on other user profile!

valienthimselfvalienthimself Posts: 1Members

Hello.
Wondering if there is a way to sign out of someone else’s plex account so I can sign back into my account on roku. Cannot get up with this person. Their account requires a pin that I do not have. I cannot do anything it seems without it. I cannot figure out how to sign out of their account. I tried deleting and reinstalling but it still has them listed as signed in. Anyone?

Answers

• Elijah_BaleyElijah_Baley Posts: 4,981Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 30

Between the delete/reinstall you should reboot the Roku. Otherwise the cache remains intact and the old data is reused.

“The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.” Philip K. Dic*k (This STUPID forum software does not allow a perfectly valid last name, hence the unusual looking formating)

From a High School paper on Greek Philosophers:
    "Socrates was a famous Greek teacher who went around giving people advice. They killed him. Socrates died from an overdose of wedlock."

• ljunkieljunkie Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,944Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

I tried deleting and reinstalling but it still has them listed as signed in. Anyone?

Sounds like you are signed in as a managed user. This requires switching to a full user to signout. As an alternate, you can signout by deleting the channel and reinstalling it. The key is the follow these steps.

1. Remove any Plex channels from your Roku
    2. Reboot the Roku
    3. Install the Plex channel