If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

HFS+-drive not showing up in Plex

larsenpedersenlarsenpedersen Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited May 6 in NVIDIA SHIELD

Hi there,

I just received my NVIDIA Shield Pro 2017 - and I now want to add my LaCie Porsche Design Mobile Drive (4TB, HFS+ w/ password, bus-powered) filled with media content.

I attached the drive and thought it would mount automatically, but I can't see the drive in Plex - I can however see it in "ES File Explorer", but not browse it since it's HFS+.

When I connect the drive to the Shield, it is recognised, but when I go to "Storage & reset", select the drive under "Removable storage" and selects "Set up as removable storage", I am faced with the "Erase & Format"-screen.

I don't want to format the drive because all my content is on it. Is there any way (tips or tricks) to get the drive to show up in Plex?

Answers

• larsenpedersenlarsenpedersen Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I don't know what the rules are for bumping a post - But I would really appreciate some input on this :)