If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

TV Themes don’t play

JeffyFisherJeffyFisher Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I already own the 500 GB 2017 Nvidia Shield and have the TV themes playing successfully when the TV show is open. I just bought the 16 GB Shield for my daughter but the TV themes don’t play even though the setting is turned on and both Shields are configured identically.
Both machines have the latest OS updates installed and Plex Server and client app are up to date. I’ve tried refreshing the metadata on the ‘silent’ machine without success. I’d appreciate any suggestions as to why this might be happening as it’s driving me crazy. PS - I discovered Plex last year and love it. The latest Collections feature is a godsend :)

Tagged:

Answers

• akagltyakaglty Posts: 6Members ✭✭

If you’re using it as a server, login to it through a computer, and make sure themes is checked under agent settings.

• JeffyFisherJeffyFisher Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks Alaglty. I have checked and the Agent settings as you suggest and Themes are checked so that’s not the issue. Any other ideas? ☹️

• i2fat2kidnapi2fat2kidnap Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@JeffyFisher said:
    Thanks Alaglty. I have checked and the Agent settings as you suggest and Themes are checked so that’s not the issue. Any other ideas? ☹️

Same issue here. Do you have PMS on adopted storage?

Hi kidnap. Glad to hear I’m not alone but sorry you have the same issue. I am using external hard drives but they are NOT adopted and PMS is running on the original Shield internal storage.

• kyuuukyuuu Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 I'm having same problems, running 1.13.0.5023. It have been couple of weeks and still not getting any theme music. Another PMS I'm running on Synology is okay.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. I have an identical setup on a 16gb Shield and a 500gb Shield. Plays on the 500 but not on the 16. No error - just doesn’t play. Frustrating.