If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex will not find Media in folders

Thanks for any assistance on this...

I am in the beginning stages of setting up a Plex Server. I have moved some Movie files onto a drive attached to a Raspberry Pi 3. I have them named according to the following format 3TB - Plex\Movies\Movie Name - (DATE)\Movie Name (Date).mp4. The folders also have a cover.jpg and some may have a .en.srt folder as well.

When I go to to Add a Library, I only am able to see the drive (3TB - Plex) and am not able to drill any lower to see the Movies folder. The server goes to look for the files, and then it says 'There are no items in this library.'

I have tried to do this from a remote computer and from the Pi itself.

I have attached a log.

TIA!

Answers

• uglymagoouglymagoo Posts: 977Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

Linux file permissions. User plex is not allowed to access your media. Please read:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/279063/using-ext-or-ntfs-drives-internal-or-external-on-linux

Official instructions for Plex Media Server on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 / Banana Pi / ODROID / many more : armhf and arm64 Debian Repository
    My PMS hardware: RPi 2, NVIDIA Shield TV, Intel Xeon

• AmazingRando24AmazingRando24 Posts: 1,077Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

If you've set your files to this structure: Plex\Movies\Movie Name - (DATE)\Movie Name (Date).mp4

Then you'll need to create your Movie library to look for files here: Plex\Movies\
    (When creating this library, make sure you've selected "Movies" as the Library Type.)

For movies, Plex will expect to see them nested at the highest level that you've directed it to look for them. Also, make sure you're not mixing TV Shows and Movies in the same directory.

PMS Server: Intel i7-6700 16gb RAM Dedicated Windows 10 PC
    DVR Lineup: Dual HDHomeRun Extend Tuners
    NAS: Drobo 5n2-15tb / Drobo B800fs 24tb

"It's amazing what replacing one faulty network cable will do for your Plex performance!"