If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

All album art disappeared -- is there any sort of bulk reset?

kadamwhitekadamwhite Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sorry, yet-another broken album art post... I've read through a bunch of them and unfortunately I don't see exactly the same issue.

Setup background: Plex is running on an NVIDIA Shield TV Pro, with the media library on an external HDD plugged in via USB. Most albums have album art embbedded in their ID3 tags, and all albums have a folder.jpg file in the same folder as the mp3's.

TV and Movies are working fine, and I had my music loaded pretty well, too; there were some of the expected "Plex shows artist image instead of album image" issues but hitting "refresh metadata" usually fixed it all. Then I moved my library to another HD. Plex had trouble handling the new locations, so I deleted my Music library from Plex, cleaned bundles, emptied the trash, restarted the server, and created a new library pointing at the new location.

Now, none of my albums or artists show any art, and "Refresh Metadata" does nothing. I've done the plex dance with every media agent order variation I can think of, but the results are the same; the bulk-refresh I used to fix things the first time around just doesn't work.

The only way I can get album artwork to show up is by hitting "edit" on an album, going to Poster, and selecting the cover image there. But I have 3300 albums, and doing that one by one is... unappealing.

Is there a way to force Plex to auto-select the first available image in the Poster tab? Or, barring that, is there some other combination of steps I can take to force a refresh? I'm really regretting nuking my library in the first place :(

Answers

• kadamwhitekadamwhite Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

OK, deleting my entire Plex library, formatting the SHIELD TV, and re-creating a new library didn't do anything to fix the album art either. This is maddening; what do I have to do to get album artwork to show up again!? Why did it work the first time??

And now newly-added movies don't get any artwork, either. Again, when I click through to any media, I can select the existing artwork on the Poster tab in the Edit screen, but nothing is getting selected at all. This has happened with a brand new library with default settings; any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I ended up writing a JS script I can paste into the browser developer tools that will automate manually selecting album artwork, but I'm still mad that I had to go to that length :) If anybody has any tips about what could be done to fix this situation in the future (where regardless of agent order the artwork stopped populating after a library reset) I'm all ears.

• Nicola HinssenNicola Hinssen Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass