If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Meta data on external HD

roberts_jmrroberts_jmr Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hey all.

I ran out of room on the SD card on my raspberry pi 2, so I moved my Application\ Support dir onto an external HD.

I then installed PMS on a larger SD card. I tried updating the etc/default/plexmediaserver.prev file in my new PMS set up to point to my copy of the Application \ Support dirt that is now on my external HD. This didn't seem to effect the Metadata on my server at all. For instance, I have several collections and there are zero showing on the server.

I then tried just replacing the Metadata dir in var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application\ Support/Plex\ Media\ Server/ dir with the one backed up on my hard drive. Still nothing.

I'm sure I'm doing something silly, just not sure what.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

Answers