If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Cover Art on DLNA (Sony Bravia KDL-49WE755)

alexey_gamovalexey_gamov Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Created custom DLNA profile for my TV (working on linux with opera tv / vewd store).

Seem to work-good, but i have an issue with cover arts: they are not taken from library, tv is trying to DirectPlay all films and take 1st frame as a cover.

No posible solutions found yet, i have tested all Sony Bravia profiles 2010-2014.

My custom profile and Plex DLNA Server.log attached below.

Answers

• tom80Htom80H Posts: 2,047Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a 2016 Bravia which works great with the "generic" DLNA profile -- direct play for nearly all formats/codecs and posters are properly displayed.

• alexey_gamovalexey_gamov Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Also tested Generic profile. DLNA works faster and better, but still no Cover Art(

• tom80Htom80H Posts: 2,047Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

does your DLNA client generally show posters?