If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plexamp stopped working from Windows 10 machine

deRuffdeRuff Posts: 44Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've been using Plexamp at work to stream my music collection from home and it's been awesome! However, recently, I think since the last Plex server update (Version 1.13.1.5063), it has stopped working. I've reinstalled and get the same behavior afterwards. Any help would be appreciated. FYI, I have tried Plexamp from my Mac Mini at home and it works fine.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• pgrencipgrenci Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

same issue, windows 10, plexamp version 1.0.5

• JakeStangerJakeStanger Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 19

I've got the same thing on Linux as of yesterday. Server version 1.13.0.5023, Plexamp version 1.0.5.

Running from terminal shows this:

warn: DEVICE: Cannot initialize, no token.
    info: [MPD] Started, now we will connect
    info: [MPD] Connecting...

Eventually the connection attempt times out.

edited May 20

Ok it seems the above MPD problem was a one-off. Output now stops at

debug: DEVICE: Persisting devices.

With no output when trying to play a song, and just a blank screen like above.

I am however getting ECONNECTIONREFUSED on the player on port 36000

• deRuffdeRuff Posts: 44Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@lloyd094 said:
    I've had an issue like this before on my Windows machines, and I could only fix it by uninstalling the app and then deleting the folder in:
    C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Plexamp

Hope this helps?

Thanks! That worked.

Just tried this on Linux, has not helped. MPD just gets stuck connecting still.