If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Movie collections not visable

FerdyBFerdyB Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello,
I'm running Plex app version 2.011 on my Samsung UE48HU7500 TV now. Everything is working fine, but I would like to have a collections view at my movies library. Via iOS, browsers, Mac OS app, etc. its working fine, but not on my TV.

Am I right this feature is not available in the TV app or is it an upcoming feature in the next update?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,586Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

The PlexForSamsung app does have collections, but maybe not the ones you are looking for.
    You can edit the collection tag of items, after that they will be selectable inside the app as shown below.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

• FerdyBFerdyB Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Orca said:
    The PlexForSamsung app does have collections, but maybe not the ones you are looking for.
    You can edit the collection tag of items, after that they will be selectable inside the app as shown below.

Hello Orca,

Thank you for answering my question. I also had found the 'By Collection' filter, but I just want to sort by collections and movies. Same as possible in browser, etc. I'm just hoping its a new feature in the past for the Samsung TV app?

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 17,399Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Right, filtering by individual collections is possible. I had assumed the user was referring to the new inline collections feature.

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,586Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@FerdyB: Sorry, no more new features, this was the last version.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation