If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Is it worth running PMS on Nighthawk X10?

milkdud286milkdud286 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited May 17 in Netgear (ReadyNAS, etc.)

I'm looking to move PMS off of my iMac and am wondering if I should go with Nighthawk and upgrade my router in the process or get something like an Intel NUC or Nvidia Shield. What do you recommend?

Best Answer

• Buddy Mother F#@%in' Bud!Buddy Mother F#@%in' Bud! Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

I'm no expert but I have both, and in my experience Nvidia Shield works great since it has a built in PMS. You will lose a few features like being able to download and install channels from the unsupported appstore and the storage space issue if you get the 16GB version. I can't comment on the Intel NUC because my Plex has never worked properly on it. I switched from an HDD to a SSD and my files still won't play. Live TV has worked once or twice. I don't want to blame the NUC but I don't know why I can't play a file. I'm sure it works for someone, just not me.

Answers

• Buddy Mother F#@%in' Bud!Buddy Mother F#@%in' Bud! Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

I'm no expert but I have both, and in my experience Nvidia Shield works great since it has a built in PMS. You will lose a few features like being able to download and install channels from the unsupported appstore and the storage space issue if you get the 16GB version. I can't comment on the Intel NUC because my Plex has never worked properly on it. I switched from an HDD to a SSD and my files still won't play. Live TV has worked once or twice. I don't want to blame the NUC but I don't know why I can't play a file. I'm sure it works for someone, just not me.