If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Random fast forwarding while watching content

SaxiSaxi Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a new Shield I got that randomly fast forwards a show/movie out of nowhere. It is like someone is holding down the fast-forward button. I have removed the battery from the tv remote, but there is nothing to remove from the controller so I can't isolate that until it runs out of battery but the controller is asleep and never really used.

What I notice when trying to stop it, frequently the Plex app will crash at the same time when stopping it and trying to rewind. I thought it might be a hardware issue but I'm starting to think it is software.