If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Clean up photo upload (Temp location) on Nvidia shield.

ASiDiEASiDiE Posts: 86Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I look looking for a quick solution to clean up the temp folder that the Photo upload uses before it uploads the files to the final destination. I have been uploading my concert videos which are about 1.2GB a piece. I can cleanly see that my internal storage is growing with each file that gets upload. Couple of questions here.

1. Can I clean up this location quickly with one of the options within Plex?
  2. Can I see these files and delete them within ES file Explorer?
  3. Will these get cleaned up in the Scheduled Tasks?
  4. Can I change the location of this folder to Adaptive Storage or External Storage?
  5. Why can't these files go to the 64GB drive instead of the 16GB internal storage?

I have a 64GB USB drive added for Adaptive Storage and a 256 SSD drive for External. With the new build, I have pushed my (Plex Meta Data) to the external drive.

Answers

• drzoidberg33drzoidberg33 Posts: 2,560Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Could you provide some server logs after uploading these files?

The temporary files should be removed immediately when the upload is completed and gets moved to its final destination.

• ASiDiEASiDiE Posts: 86Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 18

I had to upload another video to get current logs. Really wish I could choose which files to upload. Now its just uploading dupes and puts a -1 after the file name. Also, I am up to 8GB on internal storage... seems like 6 large files are still hanging out there. I appreciate you guys looking into this and I know these files are suppose to be deleted right away, but can you try to answer my questions? I would like to clean this up ASAP.

Can I get an update on this one? My shield is sitting at 8.9GB of app storage and I know it's just like 6 videos that are just hanging out there. I have 12 more 1.2GB videos to upload but I can't because it will fill up the internal storage and cause problems on my shield.

There should be a SIMPLE way to just clean up the temp folder... don't even care if I have to do it a couple times while I am uploading these videos. Just give us the option.

Still no update? I am on these forums daily.... but why does it seem like some posts are barley looked at.

Here is something interesting. I have been talking about how I have upload like 6 large 1.2GB videos and I can clearly see that under my internal storage it shows 8.9GB. However, if I go into ES File Explorer and look at the drives it shows I am only using 1.5GB of 64GB. What is also odd when I go into the Apps for internal storage and look under the Plex Media Server it shows 88.25GB but in the picture it only shows 81.15. Which seems VERY close to the 6 files. Why would it show in the apps size but not in ES Files Explorer. Just kind of weird.