Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Where is my media and folders?

robertsigrobertsig Members, Plex Pass Posts: 210 Plex Pass
in iOS

I have a really low threshold for bullshit. Where are my folders? Why can't I find my media anymore on my iPhone? Half of it is not available ANYMORE. This is not a design decision IMO. This is a major bug or flaw. I want it fixed.

Answers

• tom80Htom80H Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,273 Plex Pass

mind sharing some details with what you actually miss / no longer see?
    your post is a little vague...

• robertsigrobertsig Members, Plex Pass Posts: 210 Plex Pass

Yes, only recently added items and no folders. I cannot access all my TV shows. When I click on the three dots for "all shows" it says it is empty. It worked fine before, and of course works in other clients. All my media is there but blind to the iOS app.

• tom80Htom80H Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,273 Plex Pass

the new UI is a little odd...
    I suppose you have picked the right media type at the bottom navigation -- can you double check if you also got the right library (should be a drop-down at the top-left corner).

I found it. I have two folders for TV shows and it picked the empty folder. After I clicked All SHows, I had to choose the proper folder on top. I also now see my friends TV shows listed as choices, instead of choosing their entire collection of shows, movies and music. Wow, this really sucks.

• rsavarsava Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,626 Plex Pass

@tom80H said:
    the new UI is a little odd...

No, the the new UI sucks.
    Show how Plex does not care a bit about the end user.
    Looking more and more like the second coming of Boxee.
    Glad I am using Infuse for iOS and keeping up with Emby on the server side.

R Sava

Is there a way to just have my folders listed? I can care less about the recently added stuff.

• philhhphilhh Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass
    edited June 13

I've been a huge fan of Plex and the iOS app however I agree this latest update is to say the least... confusing.
    It's not super obvious how to change users and when I do not all of their content shows up. I have 3 servers and cannot see where to just view the media on those particular servers. To me it's a huge step down from their last iOS app which was pretty clean and easy to use.