Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Sync size limit???

richardhanneyrichardhanney Members, Plex Pass Posts: 176 Plex Pass

Hi,

I've got two tablets, both running android 7 both with new 32gb 10 SD cards. But, despite storage location being set to external on both neither are letting me access the full amount of the SD card, not even near it. One is only allowing 2.5gb and the other is 5.1gb.

Ideally I'd like both to be 20+gb. Neither card have anything on them so I can't tell why it's such a low limit.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Answers

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 30,892 Plex Ninja

Settings - Sync - Limit
    what is set there?
    Have you tried to change it?

Got help? Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • normancowlaynormancowlay Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

having the same problem, i have a 128gb class 10 micro sd in my phone. the card is empty and i cannot set the sync limit above 13gb. is there a way to change this?

• richardhanneyrichardhanney Members, Plex Pass Posts: 176 Plex Pass

@OttoKerner said:
    Settings - Sync - Limit
    what is set there?
    Have you tried to change it?

The limit is exactly what I said above. I have them at their limits despite both being 32gb and empty.

@normancowlay said:
    having the same problem, i have a 128gb class 10 micro sd in my phone. the card is empty and i cannot set the sync limit above 13gb. is there a way to change this?

That is exactly what I am trying to find out. All other apps that allow downloading don't have a limit but this one does. Makes no sense at all!