Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Live tv in Plex

Wouldn't it be great to watch live TV into the PLEX media center app and on your mobile device ? We have a IP DVB tuner for satellite or cable and terrestrial ( sorry no Clearquam or ATSC ) for free to air and crypted tv ( Ci slot and card reader ) and we like to know if anybody likes to watch tv in Plex at home and on the go. The unit generates a TS stream into the local network that can be played with Mplayer / VLC / Boxee and other players already.( TCP and UDP multicast/unicast )

If so we are looking for some help on developing.

Comments

• friedflixfriedflix Posts: 1,954Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
  • bjwebb72bjwebb72 Posts: 7Members
    johnf wrote:

Wouldn't it be great to watch live TV into the PLEX media center app and on your mobile device ? We have a IP DVB tuner for satellite or cable and terrestrial ( sorry no Clearquam or ATSC ) for free to air and crypted tv ( Ci slot and card reader ) and we like to know if anybody likes to watch tv in Plex at home and on the go. The unit generates a TS stream into the local network that can be played with Mplayer / VLC / Boxee and other players already.( TCP and UDP multicast/unicast )

If so we are looking for some help on developing.

Hi,

this may be a daft question, and perhaps i haven't looked hard enough on the forum. Is this still something that is being looked at, or is the eyetv the only option?

thnx.
  • friedflixfriedflix Posts: 1,954Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    There's the hdhomerun plugin.
  • bjwebb72bjwebb72 Posts: 7Members
    cfriedberg wrote:

There's the hdhomerun plugin.

thanks.

Are both of these requiring a MAC environment? I currently have windows only, and it seems that there everything is based around MAC.
  • ksimm1ksimm1 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    bjwebb72 wrote:

thanks.

Are both of these requiring a MAC environment? I currently have windows only, and it seems that there everything is based around MAC.

The HDHomeRun plugin does not require Mac OS environment. I use it on my Windows Plex Server and a separate windows Plex client.
  • DwainnDwainn Posts: 269Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I was looking to change my environment to rokus and a plex or mediabrowser 3 server but I am shocked that Plex doesn't even have live TV but mediabrowser does and that software is free and open source.