Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PMS Secure access on Readynas

emellodewemellodew Posts: 30Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
Hi I found this entry in the Samsung Client forum. This workaround allows the Samsung client to access the PMS remotely, and would seem the only way to go until the client has been updated to support myPlex.

"To disable myPlex secure access do the following: OSX PMS - open terminal and paste this line: "defaults write com.plexapp.plexmediaserver disableRemoteSecurity -bool YES" - Then restart pms".

There was also an option for doing the same under Windows.

Is there a way to do this for the ReadyNAS?

Many thanks.

• tobiashietatobiashieta Plex Dev Team Posts: 5,556Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    In $PLEX_HOME/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Preferences.xml. I think you'll figure out what to do there :)
  • emellodewemellodew Posts: 30Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    You are a star!! Thank you very much :)
  • cheetscheets Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I've tried adding disableRemoteSecurity="1", "true", "YES" but I can't get it working. I've restarted pms after each edit. I've tested with Plex iOS client by adding the server through ip (using 3G on iPhone), I get an error about authentication. I am trying to get PMS to work on a remote Samsung TV. Samsung gives an error that it can't connect to the PMS.

I've had the PMS on ubuntu for a long time now and used the username/password authentication before. I'm now using myPlex of course and it works. Does the previous username/password mess this or is my attribute wrong? I'd like to be able to connect using the Samsung TV and that requires that all connections are accepted without authentication.
  • cheetscheets Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Well solved my situation so far by ssh tunneling. It's on the wiki, but if you want to share your tunnel to your tv you have to include -o 'GatewayPorts yes' parameter in the ssh command. So what I have is PMS (Linux) <-> SSH tunnel (that my friend opens in his iMac) <-> Samsung TV (on my friends LAN and it uses the SSH tunnel on iMac, so connects to the iMac LAN IP).
  • ChuckFlixChuckFlix Posts: 7Members
    Tobias - What was the final verdict on this? I have tried every value I can think of for it and none seem to work.

How do you disable myplex on a Linux Version of PMS?
  • elanelan Sheriff of Plexville MauiPosts: 9,178Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    Hmm, the disableRemoteSecurity="1" should work, as long as there is no password already set in the database from a prior version. If there was you would need to clear it.