Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

USA Network plug-in not working

hbithbit Posts: 17Members ✭✭
I am running Plex 9.3.4 on an iMac and a Powerbook. In both, USA Networks appears in the video plug-ins, but does not work when you click on it. I have tried uninstalling it from Plex and also, removing the USA Networks.bundle from Application Support and then reinstalling it, but I always get the same result. Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Chris CChris C Plex Employee Posts: 11,646Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    It looks like the USA Network channel returns an HTTP 500 (internal server error) when run. So, I'd guess that either the website changed so that the content is no longer accessible in the same way (thus breaking the Plex channel) or else there's some error on the site with the content (thus making the Plex channel not work).

I'll go ahead and move this thread to the "Plex Channels" forum since it's about a particular channel/plugin.
  • hbithbit Posts: 17Members ✭✭
    Chris C wrote:

It looks like the USA Network channel returns an HTTP 500 (internal server error) when run. So, I'd guess that either the website changed so that the content is no longer accessible in the same way (thus breaking the Plex channel) or else there's some error on the site with the content (thus making the Plex channel not work).

I'll go ahead and move this thread to the "Plex Channels" forum since it's about a particular channel/plugin.

Thanks for the information, although I am not quite sure what it means or how to fix the issue. The channel still isn't working. Is there anything I can do on my end to fix it?

Also, my netflix channel is not working. It will work up till the point where 7% of the video loads then I get a Netflix Internet connection error. Error code N8106-152 saying there is an internet connection problem. But when I navigate to the same content with my browser it loads without any problems. Any ideas?
  • hbithbit Posts: 17Members ✭✭
    Now the USA network plug-in opens the USA channel but there are no files in it. Am I the only one experiencing this problem?
  • jasonderrickojasonderricko Posts: 1Members
    It is populating shows for me, but only for a few (white collar and Psych), but they will not play and they show "null" in front of the file name.
  • jbischoff2010jbischoff2010 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am having the same issue with USA channel. Shows so like you say " White Collar and Psych" or others are just empty. But get the message to check your server.

Jb

• zsipeszsipes Posts: 3Members

I have been having trouble with the USA plugin.  I use a roku and all of the shows/episodes populate, but they will not play.  I cannot even get the videos to play within Plex Media Center on my pc.  The only way it will play from is Plex Media server (Plex/Web) is if it opens up the USA network website and plays from there.  Any help would be appreciated.  I have not run any logs (as I am not sure how to). All other network plugins seem to work just fine for me on all applications. 

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,279Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

The USA plugin is b0rked :( and needs an update.

Okay, I just wanted to make sure that I was not doing something wrong. Thanks for trying to keep plex updated as it is one amazing system!

Any progress on a fix for this issue? Do I need to open some sort of job/work ticket for this? I apologize if you are working/worked on this already (I understand the time/frustration with writing and changing code). Thanks for all the help!

• niightryder1niightryder1 Posts: 4Members ✭✭
    zsipes wrote on March 5 2013, 11:49 PM: »

I have been having trouble with the USA plugin.  I use a roku and all of the shows/episodes populate, but they will not play.  I cannot even get the videos to play within Plex Media Center on my pc.  The only way it will play from is Plex Media server (Plex/Web) is if it opens up the USA network website and plays from there.  Any help would be appreciated.  I have not run any logs (as I am not sure how to). All other network plugins seem to work just fine for me on all applications. 

jbischoff2010 wrote on March 2 2013, 4:43 AM: »

I am having the same issue with USA channel. Shows so like you say " White Collar and Psych" or others are just empty. But get the message to check your server.

Jb

Same with me. It all worked a couple of weeks ago. Something has changed