Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] LetMeWatchThis

reallyfuzzyreallyfuzzy Posts: 215Members ✭✭
edited July 21 in Plex Channels
==================================================
I think it's safe to say that this channel is dead. The original author hasn't updated the channel in over a couple of years and noone has taken over active development. There is an new/alternative channel for this site(s), called PrimeWire. I'm going to close this topic, please continue in the other topic.

If anyone takes over development of this channel, feel free to create a new [REL] topic in this forum!
==================================================

New plugin for LetMeWatchThis. This plugin allows users to watch TV Shows and Movies online from the LetMeWatchThis website. It supports browsing by Popularity, Rating, Release Date, Added Date and Alphabet as well as sub-navigation by Genre. The plugin also supports searching although this is not currently integrated with Plex's universal search. It's been tested to work with Plex Media Sever 9.5.2 and both the OSX 9.5.2 client and the 2.0 iOS Client. It should also work flawlessly with the Windows client and server combo.

The plugin is made available via the Unsupported Appstore to ease long term maintenance. A standalone release package is also available via GitHub.

Known Issues:

• Not all providers are currently supported. In fact, only 2 are, however these 2 seem to be available for most of the content items. If there's a provider which you think would offer even more coverage than the ones currently in there, please post a message to this thread.

If you find any issues with this plugin, please add a post to this thread with a description of the problem and a copy of the Media Server and plugin logs.

Moderator: This thread has been closed due to inactivity.

New channel, that replace this is PrimeWire

Comments

• Chromedome93Chromedome93 Posts: 11Members ✭✭
    Thanks for the time and energy your spending on getting this working.
  • unisonrussunisonruss Plex-Enthusiast Posts: 1,903Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Looks, interesting, I'll check it out!
  • cinerama@me.comcinerama@me.com Posts: 17Members
    Thanks! Works really great!
  • Randy026Randy026 Posts: 12Members Plex Pass
    Thanks for this! One problem though.. The videos will play on my roku box but, if I try to play anything on my apple tv it just errors out. Does anyone know why this would happen? Thanks
  • reallyfuzzyreallyfuzzy Posts: 215Members ✭✭
    Randy026 wrote:

Thanks for this! One problem though.. The videos will play on my roku box but, if I try to play anything on my apple tv it just errors out. Does anyone know why this would happen? Thanks

I don't actually have an Apple TV so I'm afraid I can't really help you with this. All I know is that it seems to work fine on all of the "Official" client (i.e: OSX, Windows, iOS).... Hmmm, saying that, wonder if it works with the LG stuff? Anyone tried that?

Do note that sockshare is a bit wonky, seems to disappear from the internet quite regularly and seems to come back just as often. When that happens, you should be timing out in a handful of seconds with pretty much nothing happening.

You may be in luck though, as it looks like someone else may be having the same problem as you as there is a Lighthouse ticket for exactly this and it looks like there may already be a fix available.
    Thank you! That did the trick. this is a great plugin!
    edited February 2012
    Is their a way to speed up the connection time to play a show? Maybe its just me but I get stuck with the Loading icon for a good 2-3 minutes before anything starts up. And yes I do have a decent connection 16 mbps.
    Mine seems to load ok but have been having audio sync issues on atv.
    Most Videos do not load well and I have a really good internet connection. They probably have servers that cannot handle a lot of users at once
    edited February 2012
    Yeah after I upgrade to beta 3 plex for atv every video that plays now just stutters and buffers :( I'll have to submit it to the lighthouse if I ever get time!

But I hope you are right and it's just server load.
    My client is laika on a mac mini and I get constant buffering, so I'm sure that it's the site and not the apple tv
  • reallyfuzzyreallyfuzzy Posts: 215Members ✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Looks like the LetMeWatchThis website is currently experiencing extra load which means the pages from the website are slow to return which is then causing the plug-in's menu navigation to be slow and / or fail. The plugin doesn't show any errors when that happens although, I guess, it could / should. Anytime you can't navigate to a sub-menu, just pretent the LetMeWatchThis website was experiencing some sort of issue. Trying again usually resolves this.

It also looks like the supported providers are currently / were doing upgrades to their system, which would explains the videos not loading / buffering. The same thing happens when accessing the content directly via their website. This is completely outside of the control of the plug-in and Plex and there's nothing that can really be done about this. The usual solution is to wait a day or two (or thee) and see if the problem goes away. It's worth remembering that following recent events big changes are taking place at the moment in this field and what works one day may very well not the next.

I've added a new provider to the list of supported providers which should give a bit more choice when trying to play a video. Update via the unsupported App Store. Note that the new provider seems to suffer from long delays when starting a video which results in Plex timing out and giving up. This, as with the current 2 providers, seems to vary and is a bit hit and miss. Best to try again when that happens.
    Hey ReallyFuzzy thanks for the response. Ive been having faster connections now so like you said they were doing some upgrades and so forth. Once again I cant say it enough Thank you for your hard work I know I have no clue how you guys get all this up and working but im very appreciative.
  • davejheath@gmail.comdavejheath@gmail.com Posts: 21Members
    Is there a way to get this excellant channel working on my Roku?
    Videos definitely load up quicker now, and all videos I've tried so far play great on my roku 2 XS. Thank you!
    I have a problem with this plugin on my apple tv 2 ... When I play any video it starts out fine and then the audio slowly becomes out of sync. To fix it I rewind it a second and then it fixes but will slowly go out of sync again. This only affects my apple tv it plays fine on my roku. Any ideas? I can't seem to find other people with this error. I can play icefilms fine on my apple tv so it's not all plugins just this one. Thanks
  • davejheath@gmail.comdavejheath@gmail.com Posts: 21Members
    Love this plugin, thanks for your work with it.I use this plugin much more than anything else in plex :)
  • jphccfcjphccfc Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Great plugin thanks so much.
  • MickeyDeeMickeyDee Posts: 1Members
    edited April 2012
    I have just updated to the latest version dated April 17th. The plugin has now stopped working. This is what I see in console.

*Edit*

Just noticed the LMWT site is down. That will explain plugin not working.
  • lingpandalingpanda Posts: 159Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 2012
    Just wanted to say thanks for a great app! Works great on my Roku.
This discussion has been closed.