Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Oppo BDP-93 support?

thaddeussmiththaddeussmith Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
I'm able to browse throughout the entire media library, but the moment I try to play something even as basic as mp3's it locks up both the player and PMS. Is this DLNA profile related, or something else? Anyone working on a dedicated profile for the Oppo players, or know of a different existing make/model profile that will work?

Thanks - Michael

Comments

• mfeingolmfeingol Director of Development Posts: 4,954Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass Plex Employee
    Unfortunately I can't help you with your device locking up. MP3 access via PMS/DLNA is pretty simple. We offer up an http address for the file, and the client downloads it. No more, no less.

Now, if PMS is hanging, please generate a crash dump of the hung process from Task Manager (I'm assuming Windows here) and post it somewhere I can download it for analysis. PMS should never lock up.
  • egingrasegingras Posts: 12Members ✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Same problem here, except it doesn't lock up Plex - just the Oppo. Please let me know if you come up with any solutions.
  • mangosteenmangosteen Posts: 1Members
    me too . Oppo 93 is very great player i ever own. please let me know if have any solution.
  • PhilnickPhilnick Posts: 17Members
    edited October 2012
    Add me to the list of Oppo BDP-93 users who would love to be able to access Plex through the Oppo. It lets me browse to a file but then the player locks up.

For those who don't know, the Oppo is the "budget Cadillac" of Blu-ray players with image and sound quality second to none - to the point where a "status" manufacturer named Lexicon was caught mounting the guts of the previous model, the $500 Oppo BDP-83, unmodified in their own box, and selling it for $3,500!

Has anyone ever created a DLNA profile for the Oppos? The only way I can use Plex is through my Roku, which sends lossy Dolby Digital (similar to mp3) to my amp.

To get lossless audio via my Oppo I've been reduced to using a server from SourceForge called oShare, which is ok but does no transcoding.
  • krlkrl Posts: 12Members
    Same here, Oppo locks up when trying to play via PMS DLNA. Would LOVE a solution..
  • corndartcorndart Posts: 2Members
    I suspect if someone with the Oppo player can grab the device capabilities using the UPnP tool and steps in the post below, a profile can be made from the output. Don't see one on the device sink fields list on the Serviio site.

http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19
  • egingrasegingras Posts: 12Members ✭✭
    It now works using the latest server version.
  • parsifalparsifal Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass
    ar2734 wrote:

It now works using the latest server version.

Indeed, using a BDP-83 Oppo player I can see Plex Server as well as the music and video files - and I can open and view iPhoto pictures - but whenever I try to watch a movie or listen to music I get the dreaded "File not supported" error. Can you help me solve this problem? Shouldn't Plex transcode the files?
    Thanks.