If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Getting Cinavia error on Samsung BD-D8200n

2»

Comments

• RockStarRockStar Posts: 2,047Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    So this crap can be introduced to sammys tvs through sw updates?
    Dear Lord. If we give you Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj, would you consider sending us back Dimebag Darrell?
  • hd1080hd1080 Plex for Samsung Moderator Posts: 1,110Members ✭✭
    RockStar wrote:

So this crap can be introduced to sammys tvs through sw updates?

No, from what I've read only BD-Players.
    Samsung Environment: UE65KS9090, UE55D7090, BD-C5900, BD-D5300
  • jackie_treehornjackie_treehorn Posts: 184Members
    hd1080 wrote:

No, from what I've read only BD-Players.

Correct... but with the onslaught of non-BD disc streaming devices one can only be led to believe they will eventually infest these too...
  • TimewarponeTimewarpone Posts: 41Members ✭✭
    edited August 2012
    I just bought the (NON-BD) DVD version of "Wrath Of Titans" from my local Walmart. CINAVIA was on it and reared its ugly head using the latest version of DVDFAB which I also own. In fact a Cinavia message popped up at the very beginning of the conversion to MP4. The MP4 file plays absolutely fine with VLC on my computer. I own a Samsung BD-D5500 Blu-Ray Player with a SONY TV. I have only run accross 2 movies, so far, that don't play sound with Plex. "Wrath Of Titans" and "Project X" both converted from the original DVD not the BD. For these movies I watch only on my computer. I hope this issue doesn't get to out of hand. Do you think buying a Samsung Smart TV will or should resolve this issue?
  • ScouzerScouzer Posts: 201Members ✭✭

I just bought the (NON-BD) DVD version of "Wrath Of Titans" from my local Walmart. CINAVIA was on it and reared its ugly head using the latest version of DVDFAB which I also own. In fact a Cinavia message popped up at the very beginning of the conversion to MP4. The MP4 file plays absolutely fine with VLC on my computer. I own a Samsung BD-D5500 Blu-Ray Player with a SONY TV. I have only run accross 2 movies, so far, that don't play sound with Plex. "Wrath Of Titans" and "Project X" both converted from the original DVD not the BD. For these movies I watch only on my computer. I hope this issue doesn't get to out of hand. Do you think buying a Samsung Smart TV will or should resolve this issue?

If I were you I would take a look at this page :)

http://forum.samygo.tv/index.php?sid=5efff557ec029cdddf15332ac92eeb60
  • TimewarponeTimewarpone Posts: 41Members ✭✭
    According to the DVDFAB web site they say they are able to disable Cinavia on Blu-Ray discs using Blu-Ray ripper or Blu-Ray Copy. I will assume, for now, it's their latest version of DVDFAB Platinum 8.2.0.6 I am anxious to try it.
  • BlaquespellBlaquespell Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

According to the DVDFAB web site they say they are able to disable Cinavia on Blu-Ray discs using Blu-Ray ripper or Blu-Ray Copy. I will assume, for now, it's their latest version of DVDFAB Platinum 8.2.0.6 I am anxious to try it.

It's only working on PS3 with their workaround. This is from the current version of DVDFAB: "You may ask why it's a solution on PS3 but not other Blu-ray players, and why we create BDMV-REC. Since PS3 is the most popular one among the Cinavia enabled BD players, a solution focused on it should come first. And BDMV-REC is very much the same as the original BDMV-ROM (the original disc), with menus, interactivity, BD-Live, etc. DVDFab is working on other Cinavia solutions as well. No time later, a solution which supports protected BDAV and is more compatible with most BD players will come out for use."

This solution doesn't remove Cinavia, it only fools the PS3 into thinking it's a legitimate disc and so therefore plays the audio.

there are ways of patching Samsung firmwares now, to get rid of this protection.

Dear Lord. If we give you Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj, would you consider sending us back Dimebag Darrell?
  • naissennaissen Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    RockStar wrote on June 1 2013, 5:30 PM: »

there are ways of patching Samsung firmwares now, to get rid of this protection.

And what are these ways if I may ask?

• rondol1rondol1 Posts: 671Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 2013

This is not the place to discuss I'm afraid, but there are Google-able sites that are very useful  :rolleyes:.

Check out the samygo forums
  • scurriescurrie Posts: 109Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 2013

I have lived with Cinavia for the last 3 years with Tversity streaming to a PS3. The only fix was to use a program called MKV2VOB and deselect the Transcode DTS to AC3. This definitely works, accept you end up with a VOB with a DTS audio stream, which if you haven't got the right audio/receiver setup just gives you hash when playing back. Plex doesn't seem to like DTS embedded with in a VOB, let me know how you go, I have a feature request at the windows server forum asking to deal with the DTS Vobs.  

Oh, the DVDFab fix is only for disks...not much use for files.

• Maxx907Maxx907 Posts: 2Members
    Timewarpone wrote on August 23 2012, 11:15 PM: »

• Maxx907Maxx907 Posts: 2Members
    That dont work either... Got the samsung bluray and samsung smart tv, still get the audio issue. I get it on a million ways to die in the west
    There is no Cinavia protection enforced on Samsung Tvs
2»