Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How do I install plugins manually

oneaustinoneaustin Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass
Noob question about installing custom plugins
Maybe I'm missing something obvious...
How do I install a plugin that I downloaded from the forum? There were two types for a streaming channels I wanted - one is a .zip (opens to ****.bundle) and the other is a plexapp (****.plexapp)

I've tried putting them in the plugin folder of PMS and I've tried poking around the PMC interface but it only has the official plugins visible. How can I install these?

Thanks,

Comments

• mikedm139mikedm139 Plugin Developer Posts: 3,023Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    Putting the ****.bundle in the plugins folder is the right thing to do. For most plugins you find on the forums, you'll probably have to disable capability checking in the PMS preferences for them to show up on most clients.
  • oneaustinoneaustin Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass
    mikedm139 wrote:

Putting the ****.bundle in the plugins folder is the right thing to do. For most plugins you find on the forums, you'll probably have to disable capability checking in the PMS preferences for them to show up on most clients.

For some reason they don't show up even after dropping in the plugins folder. Is there anything to activate them?
  • mikedm139mikedm139 Plugin Developer Posts: 3,023Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    oneaustin wrote:

For some reason they don't show up even after dropping in the plugins folder. Is there anything to activate them?

Did you try disabling capability checking in the PMS preferences, as was suggested?
  • oneaustinoneaustin Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass
    Ahh, after following your suggestions -then- restarting the PC running the server, most of the new plugins in the *****.bundle came up.

Thanks for the tips.
  • andyhilbourneandyhilbourne Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass

i am having the same problem i have placed several bundles in the file directory and disabled the capability checking but all i have is 1 app which says player and it is nothing it doesnt do anything.

Please help getting really frustrated !

• andyhilbourneandyhilbourne Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass
    mikedm139 wrote on January 10 2014, 12:41 AM: »

Thankyou got there eventually!

• TwiskTwisk Posts: 56Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 2014

Hmmm, I just stumbled across the Google Music plug-in for Plex today.  Read through everything and this is what I've done...

• Placed the .bundle in the correct location (confirmed).
    • Made sure 'Disabling Capability' was checked in the PMS preferences (confirmed).
    • Restarted the PMS,
    • that didn't work so I restarted the entire machine (still doesn't work).

Yes, I am on a Mac but I had just read that OS X "now uses a bundled Python, updated to 2.7" so the fact that I'm on a Mac shouldn't be an issue correct?

• sondraysondray Posts: 34Members ✭✭

Having same problem, Yify and Movie2k bundles not appearing even after adding them to plug-ins folder.Disable Capability Checking is always unchecked. Any suggestions? Newbie here so try not to be too technical, lol.

• alizializi Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass

same problem here with LiveTV.bundle

https://forums.plex.tv/topic/91973-live-tv-in-plex-einbinden/#entry572792

Placed on my Windows Home Server 2011: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\LiveTV.bundle

"disable capability" is checked

Restarted PMS

Does not work. hmmm.

Can maybe one check the plug-in if there is something wrong with the plugin? 

Thx in advance