Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Please welcome W111BER as a developer of PlexATV

tobiashietatobiashieta Plex Dev TeamPosts: 5,541Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
Dear users,

Since I was hired by Plex I have actually have had less time to work on Plex ATV client, Elan keeps me real busy with the rest of the software! As you all might have noticed very few updates has been pushed out. Fortunately we have had a bit of luck and W111BER has stepped up and started doing some PlexATV client work. His first patch which I just merged into our main tree is fixing server auto detection on iOS 5.1.1!

Hopefully he will help out enough so that this client don't just die!

Thanks for your attention.

Short roadmap for stuff to be fixed:

• Icon
  • Grid view
  • Secret world overtaking stuff!

That's it :)

Comments

• Lylesback2Lylesback2 Posts: 301Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Awesome! Thank you for stepping up W111BER.

Looking forward to any updates for PLEX on ATV :)
  • W111BERW111BER Posts: 9Members
    Thanks Tobias.

I would happily accept requests for new features but at this moment I am focussed on preparing a stable 5.1 release!

Please feel free to let me know of any funky bugs you may find using the current version so I may add them into my system!

Happy to be onboard!
  • StuartPDStuartPD Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 2012
    W111BER wrote:

Thanks Tobias.

I would happily accept requests for new features but at this moment I am focussed on preparing a stable 5.1 release!

Please feel free to let me know of any funky bugs you may find using the current version so I may add them into my system!

Happy to be onboard!

I've only recently started using Plex & some of the bugs you've listed are what I am experiencing, so this great news! Looking forward to seeing what you bring to the table W111BER :)
  • merhaultmerhault Posts: 5Members
    Great news indeed, welcome!

Also experiencing the same bugs mentioned, one other thing I would add is the Direct Play/Stream not working, I have to disable it manually which forces videos to transcode on the server side, even though it is playable in aTV. No really sure if it's an issue on the PMS side since it works fine streaming to my LG TV.
  • fdutchfdutch Posts: 24Members
    Great!, and Welcome W111BER.

Please promise; try to avoid any communication with Elan for the rest of 2012 at least, before he gets his hands on you too ;)
  • baabaa Posts: 3,954Members, Plex Pass, Forum Moderator Forum Mod
    Great news! Welcome!
    Are we back to use the lighthouse ticket system then?
  • JayBirdJayBird Posts: 360Members Plex Pass
    Good stuff!
  • RubberJabberRubberJabber Posts: 4Members
    Great news! Welcome!
  • yvvvvvyvvvvv Posts: 33Members
    Awesome!
  • twh1twh1 Posts: 13Members
    Thanks Tobias for all your hard work! And welcome W111BER! I look forward to many more iterations of PLEX fun for me and my family - PLEX and ATV are an essential part of our household!
  • tommyraejnrtommyraejnr Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass
    edited May 2012
    W111BER wrote:

Thanks Tobias.

Happy to be onboard!

Hi W11BER, Great to hear your taking over the helm. A fellow Brit here with extensive UI / UX experience. Just let me know when you want to make this app rock! Willing and waiting :)

EDIT: This is to point out free design assistance :)
  • slewis1310slewis1310 Posts: 137Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Exciting news! Welcome!
  • AlexmacAlexmac Posts: 81Members
    Great news! Welcome :)
  • ShoesyShoesy Posts: 28Members
    Great news!
  • smacrae1970smacrae1970 Posts: 406Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Fantastic News! Thanks W111BER!

Without a doubt PLEX on an aTV2 is vastly nicer to use than a ROKU, SAMSUNG TV, LG HUB etc. etc. One has to go a full client to get anything remotely as nice as the PLEX interface found on the aTV2's....

Thanks again...
  • ArmanUVArmanUV Posts: 12Members
    W111BER for president!
  • W111BERW111BER Posts: 9Members
    Thank you everyone! Just finding my feet in it all at the moment. I am a user of this app myself so I too want it all working right and my coding mobile has lots of coffee!
  • ktdktd Posts: 316Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    This is great news! And thank you W111BER for taking on this project.
  • RockStarRockStar Posts: 2,027Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Great news! Thank you W111BER!
  • unisonrussunisonruss Plex-Enthusiast Posts: 1,903Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Thank you for coming on to help out! I just hope the aTV 3 jailbreak is on the way so I can take advantage of the awesome software!