Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Pandora! Thank You!

Aargh-a-KnotAargh-a-Knot Members Posts: 454
in praise of the new Pandora plugin
Thank You!

I had requested Pandora support awhile back, but it did not seem to get much of a response. Probably because it is not available globally.

Anyway, I am very happy to have gotten my wish. I hope that an update will make the interface more pleasing to the eye, but other than that, it's working great!

Comments

• Aargh-a-KnotAargh-a-Knot Members Posts: 454
    One thing that I have noticed...

After a half hour or so, Pandora asks "Are you still listening?", and there is no way to continue, save exiting and re-entering. It would be nice to have Plex automatically do this for you.
  • jayman978jayman978 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4,467 Plex Pass
    Aargh-a-Knot wrote on Mar 8 2009, 11:32 AM:
    One thing that I have noticed...

After a half hour or so, Pandora asks "Are you still listening?", and there is no way to continue, save exiting and re-entering. It would be nice to have Plex automatically do this for you.

This is currently being worked on. For now, if you occasionally rate one of the songs you are listening to (up or down arrows on keyboard) then this won't happen.
  • StRobinsonStRobinson Members Posts: 38
    I agree. Pandora is amazing. I use it all the time on my phone or at work. I'm really excited for this addition.
  • zyprexazyprexa Members, Plex Pass Posts: 43 Plex Pass
    I agree. This has become one of plugins that I use most frequently. Thanks.

Quick question: Any chance that the visualization can be modified a bit? I have a 60" TV and the blown up pandora screen looks crappy. Maybe with it a bit smaller and scaled down with a visualization above it....

Thanks for considering it, and thanks for a great plugin!
  • thestreamedthestreamed Members Posts: 5
    zyprexa wrote on Mar 24 2009, 03:42 PM:
    I agree. This has become one of plugins that I use most frequently. Thanks.

Quick question: Any chance that the visualization can be modified a bit? I have a 60" TV and the blown up pandora screen looks crappy. Maybe with it a bit smaller and scaled down with a visualization above it....

Thanks for considering it, and thanks for a great plugin!

Yeah I was about to say the same thing. Boxee sucks but the one thing it does incredible is its Pandora plugin. If someone could redesign the Plex Pandora plugin to work and look like that it would be incredible. Basically it doesn't have and of the Flash interface, it is all native menus, and it has a constant visualization in the background.
  • oban89oban89 Members Posts: 11
    thestreamed wrote on Mar 24 2009, 06:25 PM:
    Yeah I was about to say the same thing. Boxee sucks but the one thing it does incredible is its Pandora plugin. If someone could redesign the Plex Pandora plugin to work and look like that it would be incredible.

+1 for that. Everything looks and works better on Plex than Boxee, except for Pandora. I find the Plex plugin basically unusable. I'll actually startup Boxee on my ATV just for Pandora.
  • dugan26dugan26 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass
    Can anyone offer some help to a new comer to Plex and Pandora (great stuff by the way)

Pandora tell me - Path Not Found

I tried reset and uninstall reinstall - all no good
  • elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 9,325 Plex Employee
    Something has changed on the server side, hence why the plug-in isn't working at the moment. In terms of a better Pandora, we'd love to create one, but so far we've had little luck getting the company to talk with us :(
  • pdmahafpdmahaf Members Posts: 6
    Elan,

Is there something we can do collectively to help them listen to your request ? The team has done a great job with Plex and a lot of people love Pandora. So I think its a win-win if we can help. A petition, email to a certain address with a common request ?

Thanks again for all the hard work.
  • elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 9,325 Plex Employee
    @pdmahaf, thanks for your post, I appreciate it. I'm not aware of a good contact point for such a thing, but I'll discuss more with the developer of the plug-in and see what he suggests. In the meantime, feel free to spread the word however you see fit; for all we know, maybe their VP of engineering loves Plex :)
  • knowramknowram Members, Plex Pass Posts: 68 Plex Pass
    oban89 wrote on 26 May 2009 - 09:37 PM:

+1 for that. Everything looks and works better on Plex than Boxee, except for Pandora. I find the Plex plugin basically unusable. I'll actually startup Boxee on my ATV just for Pandora.

+1 for an upgrade to the plex pandora app. I to start up boxee just for Pandora.
  • astroriderastrorider Members Posts: 110
    I hadn't used the plugin in a while because the controls didn't work last time I tried. It now seems like all the controls are working so I've been using it quite a bit. It's nice to not have to switch over to pandoraBoy to listen to music. Thanks to the developer in charge of the plugin!
  • unisonrussunisonruss Plex-Enthusiast Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,901 Plex Pass
    Are there any plans to update the UI for the Pandora App? It's nice that we have something, but it would be cool if we had control over the "Like" and "Dislike" feature, as well as some eye candy vs. the zoomed in web page we see :)

I'm sure there has to be a way to develop this without Pandora right?
  • jwrayjwray Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,268 Plex Pass
    Actually, no there isn't. They don't provide an open API and, from what I know, they haven't been responsive to the development of a plex client. Can't say I understand why though, they seem to be on every other we enabled platform going. Maybe emails from paying customers saying 'I want it on plex' may have an effect?

I've made the last few bug fixes and I'm right there with you - I'd love a better interface - but this is it until they open up to Plex.

Jonny

Russ wrote on 01 June 2010 - 04:30 AM:

Are there any plans to update the UI for the Pandora App? It's nice that we have something, but it would be cool if we had control over the "Like" and "Dislike" feature, as well as some eye candy vs. the zoomed in web page we see :)

I'm sure there has to be a way to develop this without Pandora right?
  • unisonrussunisonruss Plex-Enthusiast Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,901 Plex Pass
    Hmm I'll have to shoot them an email, thanks for the reply!
  • RyderRyder Members Posts: 186
    Jacob wrote on 28 May 2010 - 11:23 AM:

+1 for an upgrade to the plex pandora app. I to start up boxee just for Pandora.

+1 x1 Million for an upgrade.
    Its painful to look at.
    They have to be willing now that you are working with LG.
    No Pandora app like this is going in an LG TV.

Hulu app could use some work too.
    But Pandora visually much more.
  • RyderRyder Members Posts: 186
    pandora-support@pandora.com

I've been emailing them daily.
  • marklightmarklight Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,006 Plex Pass
    it'd be nice if the plug developer could just have the plugin go to the now playing screen when the music starts. maybe even have the play directions on the now playing screen
  • speedkillsspeedkills Members, Plex Pass Posts: 132
    jayman978 wrote on 08 March 2009 - 11:33 AM:

This is currently being worked on. For now, if you occasionally rate one of the songs you are listening to (up or down arrows on keyboard) then this won't happen.

Is there any visual feedback when I rate a song to know it worked? When I use Pandora in Plex 9 it just shows a black screen while the music plays.

• speedkillsspeedkills Members, Plex Pass Posts: 132
    speedkills wrote on 09 September 2010 - 08:11 PM:

Is there any visual feedback when I rate a song to know it worked? When I use Pandora in Plex 9 it just shows a black screen while the music plays.

Doh! Nevermind, just saw that is a Flash 10.1 compatibility problem.