Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Latest PMS does not allow Mac to "sleep"

nitschkecmnitschkecm Posts: 5Members ✭✭
I have updated this week my PMS to the latest version that is available. Since then my mini mac (2012) does not get into power saving mode anymore. This is a bit annoying since I like to leave it on (sleep) which can wake upon request.

Also is there a way to disable DLNA ? I really do neither need it nor want it.

Thanks best

Carsten

Comments

• ictiosapiensictiosapiens Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 2012
    I've had the same issue since the previous version, with no solution in sight.

Check this Thread

Mac Mini OSX 10.6.8 PMS 0.9.6.3
  • utility73utility73 Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    nitschkecm wrote:

I have updated this week my PMS to the latest version that is available. Since then my mini mac (2012) does not get into power saving mode anymore. This is a bit annoying since I like to leave it on (sleep) which can wake upon request.

Also is there a way to disable DLNA ? I really do neither need it nor want it.

Thanks best

Carsten

Same problem after update to PMS 0.9.6.3
    (Mac Mini 2009, OS X 10.7.3)
  • The Zen Cow Says MuThe Zen Cow Says Mu Posts: 41Members
    edited June 2012
    utility73 wrote:

Same problem after update to PMS 0.9.6.3
    (Mac Mini 2009, OS X 10.7.3)

same here. slept fine under 0.9.6.1.

imac mid-2007, osx 10.7.4

downgrading to 9.6.1 solves the issue.
  • tenziontenzion Posts: 21Members ✭✭
    Same here. iMac does not sleep after I installed v0.9.6.3.
    If I disable "Wake for network access", the problem disappears.

Downgrade to v0.9.6.1 solves the issue - with enabled "Wake for network access".

iMac 2011, v10.7.4.
  • utility73utility73 Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    tenzion wrote:

Same here. iMac does not sleep after I installed v0.9.6.3.
    If I disable "Wake for network access", the problem disappears.

Downgrade to v0.9.6.1 solves the issue - with enabled "Wake for network access".

iMac 2011, v10.7.4.

Tried with disabling "Wake for network access" to see if it makes a difference but still no sleep for my Mac Mini.
  • TherealworldTherealworld Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass
    Same problem after update to 0.9.6.3
    with Mac Pro 2008, OS X 10.7.3 :( my planet !!!
  • HammerheadHammerhead Posts: 17Members
    Same issue with Mac Mini under OSX Lion... Sleep wasn't working when client was on... Now even when the client is off the Mac will not go to sleep... Is that me or things are worsening??
    A fix will be most appreciated... Thanks devs to consider it!!

Cheers
  • Chris CChris C Plex Employee Posts: 11,609Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    The devs are aware of reports of this issue and are investigating. Thanks to everyone for providing info about the OS X and PMS versions where the sleep is and isn't working!
  • HammerheadHammerhead Posts: 17Members
    Thanks!

In order to help the devs:

Mac Mini 2011 under Lion 10.7.4

PMS 0.9.6.3
    Latest Plex Client

Cheers!!
  • nitschkecmnitschkecm Posts: 5Members ✭✭
    Chris C wrote:

The devs are aware of reports of this issue and are investigating. Thanks to everyone for providing info about the OS X and PMS versions where the sleep is and isn't working!

Mac Mini 2012
    Mac OS X 10.7.4
    Plex Media Server 0.9.3
  • cellochcelloch Posts: 407Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Working on:

0.9.6.2.110-310a3b0
    OSX 10.7.4
    Mac Mini (Mid 2011)
  • M18M18 Posts: 88Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 2012
    Not working anymore on:
    Mac Mini 2011
    Mac OS X 10.7.4
    Plex Media Server 0.9.4 (first appeared with 0.9.3)

WOL is activated and working great with all my clients until 0.9.3

Since then MAC isn't going to sleep anymore automatically. I have to double push the On/Off button to send him to sleep.

The bad sideeffect: My two NASes aren't going to sleep too, because the mac mini has shares mounted of them. Prior 0.9.3 the mac sleeps and my NASes sleep soon after the mac.

Please please fix this soon

EDIT: automatic library update is OFF of course :)
  • berzerkberzerk Posts: 72Members ✭✭
    Is this still not fixed with the latest beta from yesterday? Absolute deal breaker for me... :-(((
  • berzerkberzerk Posts: 72Members ✭✭
    berzerk wrote:

Is this still not fixed with the latest beta from yesterday? Absolute deal breaker for me... :-(((

Well... I checked it myself, it's not fixed :-( So still stuck on 6.2.
  • M18M18 Posts: 88Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    can confirm that. Still not fixed with 0.9.5 :(
  • realphrealph Posts: 94Members ✭✭
    Have we still not sorted this problem???? I'm having to turn my Mac Mini on every single time in fear of forgetting to put it to sleep manually and having it running 24/7.
  • elanelan Sheriff of Plexville MauiPosts: 8,848Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    If you're having this problem, can you post a Plex Media Server.log file and let us know at what time it SHOULD have fallen asleep so that we might be able to tell what's keeping it awake?
  • mfeingolmfeingol Director of Development Posts: 4,956Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass Plex Employee
    ... and before you do that, please set the LogVerbose preference to 1. That will cause PMS to generate the active/idle traces that we'd be interested in seeing.
  • Chris CChris C Plex Employee Posts: 11,609Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    mfeingol wrote:

... and before you do that, please set the LogVerbose preference to 1. That will cause PMS to generate the active/idle traces that we'd be interested in seeing.

That would be via the new PMS Advanced Settings you can now use. Just FYI for folks. =)
  • petejopetejo Posts: 45Members
    edited July 2012
    elan wrote:

If you're having this problem, can you post a Plex Media Server.log file and let us know at what time it SHOULD have fallen asleep so that we might be able to tell what's keeping it awake?

Elan,
    As requested.

MacMini Early 2009
    OSX 10.7.4

Logs for;
    PMS 9.6.2 Sleep Worked at 16:42:34
    PMS 9.6.5 Sleep should have been approx 17:55:00

LogVerbose set to 1.

To my untrained eye these don't look like they'll help!

EDIT: Just got excited….it just slept….then realised I hadn't restarted PMS after shutting it down for the last log….……..Doh!!

Cheers
    Pete