Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can't add all my media. Dont show up

MFunnellMFunnell Posts: 8Members
edited June 2012 in Windows
Hey im new here,

Im having abit of a problem with Plex. Iv installed the Plex Media server on a Hp proliant microserver with windows 7. Wanted to add media to it, added the folder containing my movies. 372 files or so movies on the Drive. It picks them up and downloads the posters/cover art fine. But it only showing out of the 372 files on the drive it show in plex only 63 of them and no more even after a deep scan nothing more comes out!

Why isnt it showing all of the movies? why only Certain ones? It's doing it with TV shows aswell only Certain ones are shouwing up in the Plex media manager screen. Iv scanned and scanned restart everything. I removed plex removed everything etc reinstalled it and the exact same thing happens. only some of the movies show up. they dont even show up if i add them one by one.

Any suggestions if you could please help me out.

Thank - You

EDIT: Sorry my Topic header didnt make sense typing to fast and very late at night didnt check before posting. Sorry for that.

Comments

  • TrudgeTrudge Gone off to greener pastures.... Posts: 9,360Members ✭✭✭
    MFunnell wrote:

    Hey im new here,

    Im having abit of a problem with Plex. Iv installed the Plex Media server on a Hp proliant microserver with windows 7. Wanted to add media to it, added the folder containing my movies. 372 files or so movies on the Drive. It picks them up and downloads the posters/cover art fine. But it only showing out of the 372 files on the drive it show in plex only 63 of them and no more even after a deep scan nothing more comes out!

    Why isnt it showing all of the movies? why only Certain ones? It's doing it with TV shows aswell only Certain ones are shouwing up in the Plex media manager screen. Iv scanned and scanned restart everything. I removed plex removed everything etc reinstalled it and the exact same thing happens. only some of the movies show up. they dont even show up if i add them one by one.

    Any suggestions if you could please help me out.

    Thank - You

    HI,

    Have you seen the naming guide, might help you out. -> http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/PlexNine_PMS_Naming_Guide
  • MFunnellMFunnell Posts: 8Members
    okay according to that my naming for movies is correct

    This is how i name my stuff as in the guide: The Proposal (2009) inside the folder The Proposal (2009).avi

    that's correct right and they ALL named the same.
  • TrudgeTrudge Gone off to greener pastures.... Posts: 9,360Members ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    MFunnell wrote:

    okay according to that my naming for movies is correct

    This is how i name my stuff as in the guide: The Proposal (2009) inside the folder The Proposal (2009).avi

    that's correct right and they ALL named the same.

    hmm, odd :(

    Can you;

    - restart the PMS (Plex Media Server)
    - run another deep scan
    - upload the Plex Media Scanner.log and Plex Media Server.log files -> http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/PlexNine_PMS_TipsTricks#Plex_Log_Files
  • MFunnellMFunnell Posts: 8Members
    Trudge wrote:

    hmm, odd :(

    Can you;

    - restart the PMS (Plex Media Server)
    - run another deep scan
    - upload the Plex Media Scanner.log and Plex Media Server.log files -> http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/PlexNine_PMS_TipsTricks#Plex_Log_Files


    Okay

    - Done no change
    - Done
    - Okay Done
  • TrudgeTrudge Gone off to greener pastures.... Posts: 9,360Members ✭✭✭
    MFunnell wrote:

    Okay

    - Done no change
    - Done
    - Okay Done

    So,

    Im guessing chuck doesnt show up?

    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:47:851 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Chuck\Season 1\101.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:47:851 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Chuck\Season 1\102.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:47:851 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Chuck\Season 1\103.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:47:851 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Chuck\Season 1\104.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:47:851 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Chuck\Season 1\105.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:47:852 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Chuck\Season 1\106.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:47:852 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Chuck\Season 1\107.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:47:852 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Chuck\Season 1\108.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:47:852 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Chuck\Season 1\109.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:47:852 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Chuck\Season 1\110.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:47:852 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Chuck\Season 1\111.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:47:852 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Chuck\Season 1\112.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:47:852 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Chuck\Season 1\113.avi
    


    Moden Family doesn't show up

    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:54:512 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Modern Family\Season 1\101.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:54:512 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Modern Family\Season 1\102.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:54:512 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Modern Family\Season 1\103.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:54:512 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Modern Family\Season 1\104.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:54:512 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Modern Family\Season 1\105.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:54:512 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Modern Family\Season 1\106.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:54:512 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Modern Family\Season 1\107.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:54:512 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Modern Family\Season 1\108.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:54:512 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Modern Family\Season 1\109.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:54:512 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Modern Family\Season 1\110.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:54:512 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Modern Family\Season 1\111.avi
    


    but dexter and Game Of Thrones do?

    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:51:016 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Dexter\Season 6\Dexter.S06E01.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:51:016 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Dexter\Season 6\Dexter.S06E02.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:51:016 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Dexter\Season 6\Dexter.S06E03.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:51:016 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Dexter\Season 6\Dexter.S06E04.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:51:016 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Dexter\Season 6\Dexter.S06E05.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:51:016 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Dexter\Season 6\Dexter.S06E06.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:51:016 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Dexter\Season 6\Dexter.S06E07.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:51:016 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Dexter\Season 6\Dexter.S06E08.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:51:016 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Dexter\Season 6\Dexter.S06E09.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:51:016 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Dexter\Season 6\Dexter.S06E10.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:51:017 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Dexter\Season 6\Dexter.S06E11.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:51:017 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Dexter\Season 6\Dexter.S06E12.avi
    
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:53:712 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Game of thrones\Season 2\Game.of.Thrones.S02E01.mp4
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:53:713 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Game of thrones\Season 2\Game.of.Thrones.S02E02.avi
    Jun 10, 2012 00:54:53:713 [3976] DEBUG - Adding file for scanner: E:\Game of thrones\Season 2\Game.of.Thrones.S02E03.mkv
    


    Want to check out that naming guide again?
  • MFunnellMFunnell Posts: 8Members
    Great that's working now! Your a genius ;) thank you

    but still doesnt Explain the movies iv Checked the naming of one that does appear and one that doesnt exactly the same.
  • TrudgeTrudge Gone off to greener pastures.... Posts: 9,360Members ✭✭✭
    MFunnell wrote:

    Great that's working now! Your a genius ;) thank you

    but still doesnt Explain the movies iv Checked the naming of one that does appear and one that doesnt exactly the same.

    The scanner log gets overwritten when each section scans, so if you can do a restart again, then a deep scan for just your movies section, then upload both logs again it will hopefully show what is going on with it.
  • MFunnellMFunnell Posts: 8Members
    Trudge wrote:

    The scanner log gets overwritten when each section scans, so if you can do a restart again, then a deep scan for just your movies section, then upload both logs again it will hopefully show what is going on with it.


    Okay so ill kill the program and launch it again and only do a deep scan on the "Movies Section" only!

    Cool will do.
Sign In or Register to comment.