Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Youtube channel... where?

No Youtube channel/plugin in Roku Client
All -

I installed the Roku Plex Client and Media Server last night primarily because I saw on multiple sources (Plexapp.com included) that there's a youtube plugin. I have a Roku HD.

When going through the Plex client's channel store, I saw almost everything *except for* a youtube plugin... Does anyone know where that plugin is??

Thanks!

Comments

• lingpandalingpanda Posts: 159Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    On my Roku2 it shows up under the Most Popular category.
  • dime0000dime0000 Posts: 3Members
    lingpanda wrote:

On my Roku2 it shows up under the Most Popular category.

No dice. All I have in that category is AppleTV, Lens, and a couple other things. Even if I go to "All Channels", there's no youtube plugin in site.

I'm running Plex Media Server v0.9.6.3 on Windows, and as mentioned, RokuHD. Is it possible that either the plugin only works on some Roku models? Is there something I need to configure in the Media Server?...

Thanks again!
  • scyberscyber Posts: 303Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Did you disable compatibility checking on the server? That may cause certain channels to be filtered out.
  • dime0000dime0000 Posts: 3Members
    You rule! :-) that did it. look at all those channels! thanks!
    scyber wrote:

Did you disable compatibility checking on the server? That may cause certain channels to be filtered out.

As a test I enabled this and many of the plugins dissapeared. So this is the cause.
  • dannynguyen3dannynguyen3 Posts: 1Members
    edited June 2012
    scyber wrote:

Thanks! This worked perfectly for me too.
  • poguecpoguec Posts: 197Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Somewhat related, I have the YouTube channel and want to get rid of it. Anyway to do that? If not, I only want to get rid of it because it won't accept/save my login information so I can view my saved videos. If I can't get rid of it how can I get it to save my information?

Thanx
    poguec wrote:

Somewhat related, I have the YouTube channel and want to get rid of it. Anyway to do that? If not, I only want to get rid of it because it won't accept/save my login information so I can view my saved videos. If I can't get rid of it how can I get it to save my information?

Thanx

It works just fine for me. What OS are you using? I'm using Windows 7. You can uninstall by going to the channel store and selecting the Youtube Icon to uninstall.
    Well this being the Roku section of the Plex forum I assumed everyone was discussing that client. So, I'm using the Roku client.
  • hozedheadhozedhead Posts: 238Members
    poguec wrote:

Thanx

Try the channel directory.
    Unless I missed, I looked twice, I didn't even see Youtube listed as a channel.
    poguec wrote:

Well this being the Roku section of the Plex forum I assumed everyone was discussing that client. So, I'm using the Roku client.

I'm not talking about the client. What PMS are you using with the Roku.
    poguec wrote:

Unless I missed, I looked twice, I didn't even see Youtube listed as a channel.

Is the disable compatibility option checked off in media manager?
    edited June 2012
    Sorry about that, it's Windows 2003 server, I'll check to see if compatibility is turned on.
    Typo from the other day, Windows 2003 server is my PMS host. Compatibility is turned off.
    poguec wrote:

Typo from the other day, Windows 2003 server is my PMS host. Compatibility is turned off.

Is the bundle in the plugins folder? Manually check for it?
    I'll take a look and get back to you
    poguec wrote:

I'll take a look and get back to you

What region is your Plex using? Auto? I'm in the U.S. It may not be available in your region. Try using United States and see if you see it.
    I haven't changed it so probably auto, I'll try that
  • reg828reg828 Posts: 31Members
    edited June 2012
    Guys, looking for this YouTube as well

Windows 7
    Plex Media Server
    Roku2

I got to Channels and in most popular, I only see 4 ( Apple, Lens and 2 more )

Where is Youtube?

EDIT:NVM, got it