Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Samsung tv and Nas ?

Maexx87Maexx87 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass
Hi @all,
i need your help, please! So i will buy an synology Nas with an intel prozessor. I have the Samsung ue40c8790 with plex App. Can i install the plex Media Server on the Nas and stream Movies to my Samsung tv? someone has a similar Solution ?

Sorry for the Bad englisch

Thanks for your help

Andre

Comments

• rondol1rondol1 Posts: 657Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I don't have that solution but I know for sure it will work fine.
  • moose312moose312 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass
    i have synology 1511+ and it works wonderful!
  • Maexx87Maexx87 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass
    Hi rondol,

thats a good Message! But i don't need another device or? I Stream from the Nas directly to the Samsung tv - is that correct?

But iam searching People who have that Solution ?!

Thanks for your fast answer
    Hi Moose,

I will buy an ds412 or an ds 712! Have you a Tipp for me? Are you Streaming from the Nas directly to the Samsung App.? Nothing Problems with 720 Movies?

Thanks for you help
  • OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 6,305Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    I have a DS 712+ myself and full HD is no problem at all. I have even tested it with transcoding (uses more CPU), that also worked. I was able to stream HD trailers from Apple trailers on it.
  • zzozzo Posts: 42Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Hi,

Working very well on a DS411+ even with 1080p mkv.

Regards
  • DakDak Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I have a Readynas ULtra6 and 95% of my movies stream fine. Its just the real blurays (1 to 1 rips) which r like 20-45 gigs that cause problems (it could be the audio, dont know about that).
    Hi all,

Thanks for all answers! Also i buy a Nas and Streaming directly to my Smart tv - thats Great. With this solution can i sell my Mac Mini and Time capsule :-)
  • cossack1977cossack1977 Posts: 93Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    ive got a synology ds1511+ and a samsung la46c750 and i stream movies and tv shows fine.
  • mrsasselsmrsassels Posts: 36Members
    DS412+ with UE55D7000 no problems regarding 3D and 1080p streaming. CPU load on syno not mentionable. Great solution!
  • danielfrpdanielfrp Posts: 2Members
    hi everyone...

I have a dlink dns320 and i have plex client installed on my samsung tv, now i would like to install the plex media server on my NAS. i´ve googled it but did not find how to do it... i already have installed fun plug on my nas... can anyone tell me step by step how to install plex media server??

Many thanks

Daniel
  • OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 6,305Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    danielfrp wrote:

hi everyone... I have a dlink dns320 and i have plex client installed on my samsung tv, now i would like to install the plex media server on my NAS. i´ve googled it but did not find how to do it... i already have installed fun plug on my nas... can anyone tell me step by step how to install plex media server?? Many thanksDaniel

You posted this in the wrong forum, this is beyond the Samsung App. I don't know if what you want is even possible, but I think it's best to start by posting this in the Linux PSM forum. They might be able to answer this.
    hi,

need i mkv datas for my samsung tv on my synology nas 412+? i have a lot of videos that don´t show in the libarary on the tv but on the nas all movies completed

whts the mistake?

thanks for your helb
    I hope that is the solution for my problem. But is the samsung tv not the problem?
  • dane22dane22 Posts: 8,324Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    ISO doesn't show, since they can't be streamed......But....What is the extention of the files not shown ?

And if ISO, or VOB files, try makemkv
  • zwinxzwinx Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass
    I have a ReadyNAS Ultra 2 with Plex Media Server on and two Samsung TV's (one 46" 2011 and one 50" 2012). Everything is connected with wired power-outlet adapters Devolo dLAN 500 and it plays 1080 HD and 3D movies 100% flawless. It's great!
  • RobTheRipperRobTheRipper Posts: 41Members
    @dane22

So why do ISO's show up and play flawless
    within the PLEX client for windows ?

P.S.
    The files are hosted on my QNAP NAS.

ROB
  • dane22dane22 Posts: 8,324Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@dane22

P.S.

ROB

Sorry...No idea......unless you maybe are running the Plex Client on the same box as the server ?
  • cossack1977cossack1977 Posts: 93Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2012

@dane22

P.S.

ROB

The codec on the samsung tv's doesnt support iso's. It is the TV not the client software that is the issue.