Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Ideal buffering setting for Plex App on Samsung BluRay HT-D6500W [SOLVED]

I'm having the same issues many others are with stuttering and buffering delays. I have a Netgear WNDR4500 1GB router, so I don't think congestion there is the issue. Can someone more learned than I suggest an "optimal buffer settings" for the app? I tried 25-50-75, but the app froze completely several times in a row after only a minute or two of playing a small tv episode file.

The reason I'm asking is because I really want to be able to play subtitles on my files. I have tried the DLNA server through my television (also Samsung UN55D8000YFXZA) and it plays flawlessly...but no subtitles! The app on the BluRay player plays subtitles but has the buffering issue. Any suggestions on that as well?

Comments

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 6,551Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    I'm, afraid there is not "perfect" setting. It depends on the content.
    But if you movie is stuttering, chances are that it's an audio issue.
    You will propably want to have a have a look at this thread.
  • tankeprtankepr Posts: 6Members
    I tried 5/10/15 and it seems to be working perfectly now. thanks!
  • OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 6,551Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    Nice that you got it working! Enjoy :)
  • TareccoTarecco Posts: 7Members
    im using 25 25 50 with wifi tv and DS 411 and working very well
    i tested it on movie which i had problems before.