Our forum migration to Discourse will be going on starting late today June 19 to 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

4OD Digital Rights Error

Hi,

I have all of a sudden started to get a 'Digital Rights error has occured' when attempting to watch any 4OD programme, is there a known reason for this does anybody know?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,750Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    Hi!
    I've seen the error too, yesterday. I just checked a couple of videos, and the error is gone for me. Can you give me an example of a video that's still failing? I think this is something temporary on the side of 4oD, Plex just displays the HTML page and Flash player from their website directly.
  • stabesstabes Posts: 13Members
    sander1 wrote:

Hi!
    I've seen the error too, yesterday. I just checked a couple of videos, and the error is gone for me. Can you give me an example of a video that's still failing? I think this is something temporary on the side of 4oD, Plex just displays the HTML page and Flash player from their website directly.

Hi,

i just tried again, giving this error message on anything I try, From today I picked countdown & come dine with me and both gave the digital rights error message.

Kind regards
  • sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,750Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    Hi!
    I do get the error too, but only on Windows PMS. Are you on Windows by any chance?
  • jamesholt1234jamesholt1234 Posts: 1Members
    The error only appears if you are in full screen :)
  • ovbgovbg Posts: 68Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2012
    Has there been any solution for this, as I have it on all shows on 4oD. It is only on the Windows PMS, but I don't really have any alternative options here.

I get it on both full screen or windowed, and I updated Flash as suggested by 4oD
  • lifesquaredlifesquared Posts: 1Members
    I'd been having the same problem myself and I've just found a solution that's worked for me. I'd previously tried all of the tips on the 4oD help page, including updating the Flash Player, but none had worked. I then tried turning off all of the browser's add-ons and discovered that disabling the Shockwave plugin caused 4oD to throw up a link to update the Flash Player. I updated Flash again using their link, then restarted the browser, re-enabled the Shockwave plugin and now all the content seems to be playing normally. :D