Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Adding a channel to Plex

JaredthornJaredthorn Posts: 4Members
Hello! I recently downloaded this program to manage all my media and I absolutely have fallen in love with it! However I am trying to add channels that are unsupported and have tried to follow a step-by-step on how to do this which said I Should be able to go into Library/application support/Plex and add it through there. This is where my situation is because I do not have a Plex "Folder" anywhere on my mac, merely the application(s) themselves. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I am not only new to plex but also a relatively new Mac user. Thank you!

Jared

Comments

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,279Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    Hello Jared!
    Apple has hidden the Library folder you need in (Mountain) Lion. The easiest way to open the folder you need, is to do it via the "Go" option in Finder. Select GoGo to Folder... and enter this path: ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

More info and tips: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-20082044-263/os-x-lion-where-did-my-library-go/
  • JaredthornJaredthorn Posts: 4Members
    sander1 wrote:

Hello Jared!
    Apple has hidden the Library folder you need in (Mountain) Lion. The easiest way to open the folder you need, is to do it via the "Go" option in Finder. Select GoGo to Folder... and enter this path: ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

More info and tips: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-20082044-263/os-x-lion-where-did-my-library-go/

Thanks for the reply! I actually found the library and application support however there is not an option for plex media server, I have looked for it in via spotlight as well as via the "go" option. Did you have any other ideas?

Jared
  • BigWheelBigWheel Posts: 8,380Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    edited September 2012
    you're looking at the wrong one, read the directions carefully. there are a minimum of three Library folders

the little ~ in front is important it is a generic symbol used to mean your user folder
    BigWheel wrote:

your looking at the wrong one, read the directions carefully. there are a minimum of three Library folders

the little ~ in front is important it is a generic symbol used to mean your user folder

Worked GREAT! Thx so much for the Help! An admin can now lock this post as I received a working answer, thanks again
    Ok I know I said it was fixed however now when I launch plex after putting "Unsupported Appstore Bundle" in the folder it crashes on startup, any ideas?