Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

My file names don't work with the scanner.

I have all of my TV shows organized into folders by each show with all the episodes in the folder. Then I have them organized by season and episode in this format. S is the season EE is the episode number. SEE - TITLE.EXT. For the seasons that run over double digits it is SSEE.EXT. I need a scanner that can pick these up, but I don't know enough about scanners to write one on my own. If I could have some pointers or if someone is gracious enough to write one for me I would appreciate it so much.

Comments

• TrudgeTrudge Gone off to greener pastures.... Posts: 9,360Members ✭✭✭
    benmandude wrote:

I have all of my TV shows organized into folders by each show with all the episodes in the folder. Then I have them organized by season and episode in this format. S is the season EE is the episode number. SEE - TITLE.EXT. For the seasons that run over double digits it is SSEE.EXT. I need a scanner that can pick these up, but I don't know enough about scanners to write one on my own. If I could have some pointers or if someone is gracious enough to write one for me I would appreciate it so much.

HI,

You can see how Plex expects them to be named here -> http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/Media_Naming_and_Organization_Guide
  • wallypswallyps Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Is there any way to customize the scanner?

The software that I use to rip the movies to MP4 for Plex outputs the file name as:

THE_SNOWMAN_1982.Title2.m4v

Where Title2 is the specific playback option for that disc. It could be associated with a 4:3, 16:9, or a specific episode on a TV series.

I know that the scanner ignores The, and changes underscores to blanks. How can we get the scanner to ignore "Titlexx." when matching with imdb/etc?
  • kaizidorfakaizidorfa Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I had the same issue and wrote a powershell script to rename them for me, details are in this thread (it should probably be moved to this forum if a mod wouldn't mind).

Benmandude you can use www.regexr.com to edit it for your requirements but give me a shout if you need a hand. Wally if you can be more specific with your media (give me a few example filesnames) I'll see if it can be adapted to help you.