Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Theme music too loud

dohdoh Posts: 108Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
Hi
I have Plex Media Center installed and working great on my Windows 7 HTPC.
One small issue - the TV theme music when browsing through the list of TV program's is very loud, compared to the actual playback volume of the TV programs themselves, meaning we get deafened every time a program finished playback.
Is there a way to reduce the TV theme music volume, or decrease the differential between that and the actual program volume?
Thanks

Comments

• convasconvas Posts: 1,815Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Under Preferences/Music/Background there is a Background Music Volume option that should do it, there is also a option to disable it there.
  • dohdoh Posts: 108Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    convas wrote:

Under Preferences/Music/Background there is a Background Music Volume option that should do it, there is also a option to disable it there.

Doh! For some reason, I just didn't see that.

Thanks!!
  • dkerleedkerlee Posts: 100Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2012
    thanks a million. I couldn't find it either. But I found this post and found it. [SOLVED] Kudos all around.
  • dangerdaddangerdad Posts: 1Members ✭✭
    edited December 2012
    [content deleted -- I realized I was looking for a client setting on the server side. Duh]
  • TE5LATE5LA Posts: 155Members ✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Thanks, I had also wondered about this. I found that 25% was perfect.

I know the themes are limited to 30 seconds for copyright reasons, but it would be nice if some of them would fade out instead of just suddenly being chopped off.
  • qwerty8713qwerty8713 Posts: 51Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 2013
    I was wondering if there was a way to do this in the Plex client on my Roku. I am having the same problem, the theme music for TV shows is much louder than the actually volume of the media. Is there anyway to turn it down?