Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

can't play movies on LG tv

oneofsharponeofsharp Posts: 1Members
access plex on computer ok but won't play videos
I have an media center pc running xp

I have an LG 55"LCD TV with media link

I can access my Plex server and can show pictures.

Rotten tomatoes will show movie/tv preview clips ok but Hulu won't play movies or tv shows.

I have upgraded the players on my pc and tried several different ones to no avail.

Media link shows a preview picture of my videos and seems to load, but then after the total time is posted it tells me it can't play video.

I've only tired AVI videos.

I haven't found my plex log files yet either.

Hope someone can give me some ideas. thanks dave

Comments

• TrudgeTrudge Gone off to greener pastures.... Posts: 9,360Members ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    oneofsharp wrote:

I have an media center pc running xp

I have an LG 55"LCD TV with media link

I can access my Plex server and can show pictures.

Rotten tomatoes will show movie/tv preview clips ok but Hulu won't play movies or tv shows.

I have upgraded the players on my pc and tried several different ones to no avail.

Media link shows a preview picture of my videos and seems to load, but then after the total time is posted it tells me it can't play video.

I've only tired AVI videos.

I haven't found my plex log files yet either.

Hope someone can give me some ideas. thanks dave

Hi,

Hulu steams in Flash video, and you need VIsta or newer to deal with flash video. Finding your Plex log files will be very useful in regards to your own videos.

http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/PlexNine_Tips_and_Tricks#Plex_Log_Files