Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How can I watch CBS network

hbithbit Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
I am having trouble watching CBS on Plex. I have it loaded on the video plug ins and the episodes show up but do not play. I get the error message Could not determine input format.

I have tried to set it up on plexflix, but Hulu no longer has the orange RSS feed icons on their web pages and they don't seem to support CBS anyway. Also, CBS is not listed on the Five Star Scripts page any longer.

Am I missing something or have a bug in my system or is CBS no longer supported?

I am running Plex Media Server 0.9.6.9.240 and Plex 0.9.3.4 on a Late 2006 iMac with 3 GB of memory and OS 10.7.5.

Thanks

Comments

  • mikedm139mikedm139 Plugin Developer Posts: 3,023Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    hbit wrote:

    I am running Plex Media Server 0.9.6.9.240 and Plex 0.9.3.4 on a Late 2006 iMac with 3 GB of memory and OS 10.7.5.


    CBS will not work with the desktop client older than v0.9.5.4. Update your client and you should be good to go.
  • hbithbit Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    mikedm139 wrote:

    CBS will not work with the desktop client older than v0.9.5.4. Update your client and you should be good to go.


    Thanks. I did that and it works great. The only thing I don't like about the new client is it doesn't seem to have a favorites window. Is there a way or place to save all your favorite shows?
  • mikedm139mikedm139 Plugin Developer Posts: 3,023Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    hbit wrote:

    Thanks. I did that and it works great. The only thing I don't like about the new client is it doesn't seem to have a favorites window. Is there a way or place to save all your favorite shows?



    Unfortunately no, there isn't. I would imagine that if any sort of Favorites feature is to re-appear, it would most likely be implemented as a PMS feature rather than a client feature. That's just pure speculation though.
  • hbithbit Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Thanks again.
  • hbithbit Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    CBS was working fine until now. I am using Plex media server 0.9.7.3. and plex 0.9.5.4. Everything loads until I try to play the episode then I get an error message saying error loading file. Any Ideas?
  • mikedm139mikedm139 Plugin Developer Posts: 3,023Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    CBS changed something on their end again. I submitted an update earlier today to fix the issue. It should be pushed out via auto-update within a day or so.
  • hbithbit Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    mikedm139 wrote:

    CBS changed something on their end again. I submitted an update earlier today to fix the issue. It should be pushed out via auto-update within a day or so.


    Thanks!
Sign In or Register to comment.