Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex/Web remote access

batoubatou Posts: 3Members ✭✭
edited November 2012 in Plex Web App
Hi,
I have some problems with my remote access with the web client. I can play a video for 40 secondes, then the following error message pops out on the video player [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032"] .
No problem on LAN and on 3G with the Android Client.
I use PMS 0.9.7.2 Windows

Comments

• ericmatthysericmatthys Plex Employee Posts: 3,117Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass Plex Employee
    batou wrote:

Hi,
    I have some problems with my remote access with the web client. I can play a video for 40 secondes, then the following error message pops out on the video player [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032"] .
    No problem on LAN and on 3G with the Android Client.
    I use PMS 0.9.7.2 Windows

It sounds like a fragment is coming back 404 (not found). I'll have to do some testing with remote playback, but I don't think I've seen this before. Does it happen for you in Safari (if you have access to a mac)?
  • batoubatou Posts: 3Members ✭✭
    I'll find someone with a mac.
  • BelgarthBelgarth Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I am also seeing this issue. I do not have a mac to test safari. Is there anything else I can provide that would be of assistance?
  • batoubatou Posts: 3Members ✭✭
    The problem is still here for me with the new beta, unfornately I don't have access to a mac right now, maybe next week.
  • adammarksprouladammarksproul Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass
    This also happens to me, however it is when I click further in to the video, e.g. skip to 1 hour after initially loading the media through the web player. If I skip a short amount of time, 2 minutes for example, the player seems to buffer correctly and get the content.

Upon some further investigation, it only seems to be doing this with 'Movies', 'TV Shows' seem to skip to time and buffer correctly.

I am running Google Chrome under Windows 8.
  • clegg78clegg78 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I am also seeing this with Chrome and Windows 8 (and IE with Windows 8 for that matter) when I am remote.

I Also get it when I access Plex/Web locally on hard wired Ethernet to my server.
  • WyoDolPhanWyoDolPhan Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I am also getting this error using Chrome, FireFox, and IE8 with the Chrome Extension. Everything was working find yesterday and started getting the error starting today Dec 5, 2012. Running Plex Media Server 0.9.7.6
  • carlosmiguelcocarlosmiguelco Posts: 4Members
    edited December 2012
    Same issue here (wired Ethernet), the video starts and 6 seconds later it stops and displays the error [IOErrorEvent type = "ioError" bubbles = false cancelable = false eventPhase = 2 text = "Error # 2032"]. This problem occurs in Windows 8 with Plex server installed (Chome, IE 9), Logitech Revue Google TV (wireless) and ipad, but on my LG TV with plex (wired) all works fine...
  • ericmatthysericmatthys Plex Employee Posts: 3,117Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass Plex Employee
    Can someone confirm that remote playback works well in Safari on OSX but does not work in Chrome / Firefox / IE? This seems to be an issue with the Flash video player we are using. I'll try to pin down what is happening and hopefully it will be fixed in the next release of that video player.

Can someone confirm that remote playback works well in Safari on OSX but does not work in Chrome / Firefox / IE? This seems to be an issue with the Flash video player we are using. I'll try to pin down what is happening and hopefully it will be fixed in the next release of that video player.

Same problem on safari for mac; it stops after a few seconds.

Same problem on safari for mac; it stops after a few seconds.

Interesting. Could you post your PMS logs after it happens?

Interesting. Could you post your PMS logs after it happens?

Sure!
  • eskemojoe007eskemojoe007 Posts: 2Members
    Just to confirm, I get the exact same error on a windows 8 machine using google chrome. It seems intermittent...working 1 time and not the next.

Sure!

I am not seeing a video being transcoded in those logs. Is it possible the log was cleared before zipping it up? I only need the media server log btw.
  • radicallinuxradicallinux Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    This seems to be a problem with direct play. I'm remote and some of my tv shows won't play but a few secs then nothing. But when I turned off direct play the started. I'm using windows 8 and chome.
    edited December 2012

This seems to be a problem with direct play. I'm remote and some of my tv shows won't play but a few secs then nothing. But when I turned off direct play the started. I'm using windows 8 and chome.

Try going to chrome://flags and enable the option "disable hardware accelerated video".
  • soccerplaya2090soccerplaya2090 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2012
    I also have this problem. It happens in chrome, firefox and vlc (in vlc you dont get the error message but it just stops playing it.)
    It just started happening in the past week or so.

Edit:
    I should also note that I tried the disable hardware accelerated video in chrome and that didnt help.
    I disabled direct play back and that didnt help.
    I installed the latest preview release and that also didnt help.
  • eksisleeksisle Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    This seems to only happen to me when I change the transcoder temp directory. If it is blank, the video plays just fine.
  • eksisleeksisle Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2012
    Weird.
  • jsmith7735@gmail.comjsmith7735@gmail.com Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I also have noticed this issue. I have Plex installed in a medium sized training environment on a VMware VM with Ubuntu 12.04, Dual Core CPU and 4Gigs of RAM.I was doing some stress testing on the server yesterday when I noticed the issue. I had about 20 to 30 people accessing one video from the server. All of my users are technically remote users because none of them are on the same subnet as the Plex Server. The users that reported the issues were using multiple browsers on Windows 7 (Firefox, Chrome, IE). All users were accessing the video through the Web interface. I tried looking through the logs but I did not see anything that would indicate an issue.