Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

plex server problems

penngwenpenngwen Posts: 1Members
Recently installed media server 9.73 - uninstalled it because I kept getting pop-ups screens with "c:\\program files (x86)\plex media server plex script host exe" Reinstalled earlier version and still getting these screen pop-ups. They are very annonying & stop only when I exit plex media server. Also server no longer shows agents and channel directory not working on plex media center. I have a Roku box and was able to get all channels before this - any suggestions?

Best Answer

Answers

• TrudgeTrudge Gone off to greener pastures.... Posts: 9,360Members ✭✭✭
    penngwen wrote:

Recently installed media server 9.73 - uninstalled it because I kept getting pop-ups screens with "c:\\program files (x86)\plex media server plex script host exe" Reinstalled earlier version and still getting these screen pop-ups. They are very annonying & stop only when I exit plex media server. Also server no longer shows agents and channel directory not working on plex media center. I have a Roku box and was able to get all channels before this - any suggestions?

Can you grab a screenshot showing the pop-up error screens?
  • Gert-VaioGert-Vaio Posts: 1Members
    Trudge wrote:

Can you grab a screenshot showing the pop-up error screens?

I got the same problem, the popup start showing afther I start up, sometimes there are 20. Yesterday it workt for the firsttime on my Xbox, but now I only get popup???

Screenshot added

gertpopup.png
  • ajwilnerajwilner Posts: 14Members
    Was there an answer or fix to this issue? I experienced this problem today and even after a repair and a full re-install, the issue remains.
  • GeopapGeopap Posts: 1Members
    Hi, i am as well experiencing this issue, seeking a solution please.
    Thanks
  • ajwilnerajwilner Posts: 14Members
    I renamed the PlexScriptHost.ex(e) file which at least allows my PMS to load and run without constant popups. However, I have no channels and have lost all of my media. Additionally when attempting to add my channels back through the plex/web it indicates that the channel directory is currently unavailable.

the plugin folders are still there in app data so I can't tell if this is an error on my side or the update that rolled out today. I'm leaving the media files alone, as I'd prefer not to 'remap' all of that if I can get it back easily.
  • TrudgeTrudge Gone off to greener pastures.... Posts: 9,360Members ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Geopap wrote:

Hi, i am as well experiencing this issue, seeking a solution please.
    Thanks

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/52296-windows-constantly-pop-open-when-plex-is-running/
  • guturmomguturmom Posts: 4Members

I keep having a C:program files (86)/plex\plex media server\plex script host.exe window popping up????Its really bugging me im using windows 7, PMS and my main device is a Roku  XS

• sjpococksjpocock Posts: 77Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Trudge's post has the instructions - I'll spell them out here for you.

Go to your PMS Management Page.

Under Settings, click TranscoderShow Advanced Settings, and make sure Webkit Window Visibile is NOT checked

plexwwnv.jpg

Under Settings, click Channels, make sure Launch Plugins in debug mode is NOT checked.

plexlpdm.jpg

Reboot your system. Check the settings again and verify those options are correctly set (you may need to set them again and reboot.)

• musicman125musicman125 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

[attachment=16350:popup.jpg]

popup.gif
    guturmom wrote on April 10 2013, 9:30 AM: »

I keep having a C:program files (86)/plex\plex media server\plex script host.exe window popping up????Its really bugging me im using windows 7, PMS and my main device is a Roku  XS

I have the same problem every-time my library updates I get this popup.  I never had it before and if i am trying to do something else this popup interrupts me.

• goldenpipesgoldenpipes Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 2013

Im also having this issue...

Maybe its becuase im on windows 8.1 preview??

it never happened before, i have checked all of the above settings and they are disabled..  also tried resetting system and framework bundle...

im so lost.

PlexScriptHost.exe and

PlexNewTranscoder.exe are the windows that are popping up for me.

• shanenc14shanenc14 Posts: 1Members
    edited August 2013

You guys are not alone here....I'm having the same issue, I'm running Windows Home Server 2011 (Based off Windows Server 2003) - Can't do squat...I'm just about ready to uninstall/re-install everything.... I know it's not the OS, because it's a fresh install with NOTHING else on it other than PMS, except all MS updates/patches, and drivers updated.... :wacko: Ready to start pulling hair out here...

• mnbessettemnbessette Posts: 6Members

So, I have the same problem and yet, I only find people facing the same thing and no solution. 

Spjocock you gave us a hint but because of those pop-ups, I cannot even open my Plex app. This is unusable if those pop-ups keep blocking the app from loading correctly...  

If anyone succeded on solving the case and is willing to share, we are a bunch that would be greatful!

• jesseshoffman@aol.comjesseshoffman@aol.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass

Same issue among many others for almost 5 months into a paid plex pass. I have spent hours and hours and I feel we are the ones building testing and helping each other not the creators. :o

• MediaconoclastMediaconoclast Noisy Ninja Posts: 2,194Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    jesseshoffman@aol.com wrote on August 10 2013, 4:41 AM: »

Same issue among many others for almost 5 months into a paid plex pass. I have spent hours and hours and I feel we are the ones building testing and helping each other not the creators. :o

Really. Your first post, after 5 months, and you use the collective "we"? <_<

mnbessette wrote on August 9 2013, 9:44 PM: »

Spjocock you gave us a hint

It was more than a hint: he gave you specific actions to take, but nobody here has reported on what they encountered when undertaking his . "We" might have fixed "our" issues and not bothered to "tell" anyone. The rest of us can see that the OP who started this thread and hasn't posted anything else in 8 months, "He" is "testing" and "helping," is he?

Here's another hint ... don't do this and wonder why PMS stops working correctly:

ajplex wrote on January 3 2013, 1:19 AM: »

I renamed the PlexScriptHost.ex(e) file which at least allows my PMS to load and run without constant popups. However, I have no channels and have lost all of my media.

Here's some advice to the next user adding to this thread ... call it yet another hint: provide information, rather than complaints, if you expect anyone to be able to help you out.

• Guys my system just started doing the same thing ive been using plex for a long time this is the frist time its ever done it.tried the instructions but it keeps coming back even unistalled and did clean install and im still getting pop up windows please help.

Fred
  • joelptjoelpt Posts: 5Members

I had this same problem for weeks, and uninstalling/reinstalling had no effect on it. Moreover, the "launch plugins in debug mode" checkbox indicated in sjpocock's post above simply does not exist in the Web UI as of Plex Media Server 0.9.818.

The fix that finally worked for me was to edit the registry:

If the question is how to disable these settings without running the web client... Just open regedit and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Plex, Inc.\Plex Media Server. Delete the following values:

WebKitWindowVisible
    PluginsLaunchDebug
    JobsLaunchDebug