Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Music Scanner

medialibrarymedialibrary Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass
How to restart the agents?
Hi,

Since the last days I have been adding my Music library to PMS. The scanner it self runs through the complete library, but the agents that deploy metadata (e.g. Last.fm) stops working after a while. That means my library only have metadata for artists starting with character A-G at this moment.
A restart of the scanner seems to start from beginning and take a lot of time before it comes to the artists that misses metadata.

Is there a way to only start the artist & album agents (not the Plex Music Scanner) so the agents continues where metadata is missing and don't goes through the complete library from beginning every time?

After 3 scans and 64 hours later this starts to annoy me.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• TrudgeTrudge Gone off to greener pastures.... Posts: 9,360Members ✭✭✭

Hi,

Since the last days I have been adding my Music library to PMS. The scanner it self runs through the complete library, but the agents that deploy metadata (e.g. Last.fm) stops working after a while. That means my library only have metadata for artists starting with character A-G at this moment.
    A restart of the scanner seems to start from beginning and take a lot of time before it comes to the artists that misses metadata.

Is there a way to only start the artist & album agents (not the Plex Music Scanner) so the agents continues where metadata is missing and don't goes through the complete library from beginning every time?

After 3 scans and 64 hours later this starts to annoy me.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Server and scanner logs would be helpful.

http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/PlexNine_Tips_and_Tricks#Plex_Log_Files
  • medialibrarymedialibrary Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass
    edited December 2012
    Trudge wrote:

Thanks for your reply.
    For some reason the agents was able to go through the complete library on the last scan.
    Don't ask me why, but the last 3000 albums was done in 7 hours without any issues at all.