Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

3D Content is displayed wrong

Thomas126Thomas126 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
Hey folks,
I'm having a problem concerning 3D on my Samsung UE32D6000 with Plex. When I start the 3D video the content is not shown in 3D overlayed pictures. The content is splitted into two parts. I've already checked the FAQ and tested both options:

"Q: Does your app support 3D content?
A: Yes, the app supportes Half SBS and Half TAB content. The app switches automatically in 3D mode when it detects 3D content but this works only if you name your files correctly. You must include in the filename H-SBS or Half-SBS for Side-By-Side content and H-TAB or Half-TAB for Top-And-Bottom content. This is not case sensitive. An example as filename would be: Kung.Fu.Panda.2.2011.half-sbs.1080p.mkv.
You can check under Preferences -> About Plex -> Systeminformation if your device supports 3D"

Neither SBS nor TAB worked out. The video normally shows its content divided top & bottom. But after rename the file to H-TAB and retrying, the TV shows the video splitted from left to right. In the video describtion it says Over-Under-3D. Any ideas where the problem is?

Thanks guys!
Tom

PS: I would really much like to purchase the PlexPass. But I dont own a credit card. Is there no other way to pay?

Comments

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 6,389Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    Thomas126 wrote:

Hey folks,I'm having a problem concerning 3D on my Samsung UE32D6000 with Plex. When I start the 3D video the content is not shown in 3D overlayed pictures. The content is splitted into two parts. I've already checked the FAQ and tested both options:"Q: Does your app support 3D content?A: Yes, the app supportes Half SBS and Half TAB content. The app switches automatically in 3D mode when it detects 3D content but this works only if you name your files correctly. You must include in the filename H-SBS or Half-SBS for Side-By-Side content and H-TAB or Half-TAB for Top-And-Bottom content. This is not case sensitive. An example as filename would be: Kung.Fu.Panda.2.2011.half-sbs.1080p.mkv.You can check under Preferences -> About Plex -> Systeminformation if your device supports 3D"Neither SBS nor TAB worked out. The video normally shows its content divided top & bottom. But after rename the file to H-TAB and retrying, the TV shows the video splitted from left to right. In the video describtion it says Over-Under-3D. Any ideas where the problem is? Thanks guys!TomPS: I would really much like to purchase the PlexPass. But I dont own a credit card. Is there no other way to pay?

If you play the movie on your PC and the parts are played left and right of the screen you have a H-SBS (Half Side By Side) format.
    You should include "half-sbs" or "h-sbs" in the filename (just "SBS" is not correct), then rescan the libary on your PMS so the app can read the correct name.
    Same goes for H-TAB (Half Top And Bottom).

If you like the app and would like to support the developers with a donation, there is a PayPal link in my signature.
  • mannpmannp Posts: 281Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Orca wrote:

If you play the movie on your PC and the parts are played left and right of the screen you have a H-SBS (Half Side By Side) format.
    You should include "half-sbs" or "h-sbs" in the filename (just "SBS" is not correct), then rescan the libary on your PMS so the app can read the correct name.

If you like the app and would like to support the developers with a donation, there is a PayPal link in my signature.

Can plex play mvc files with both stream in one mkv rather than side by side?

Can I name it to .mk3d or something similar to get my samsung tv to see it as 3d?

Thanks
  • OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 6,389Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    local.bin wrote:

Can plex play mvc files with both stream in one mkv rather than side by side?Can I name it to .mk3d or something similar to get my samsung tv to see it as 3d?Thanks

Others have tried it, but the TV doesn't support the format > mpeg4-mvc-3d-playback
  • capu57capu57 Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    First off very happy to see this forum post I have been switching to my computer just to watch the 3D films but not any more. I would like to request that this be added as an option in the media manager where you click on 3D HSBS or 3D TAB
  • Thomas126Thomas126 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Orca wrote:

Thanks for your answer. On my PC the content is top & bottom. But I already tried all possabilities and even after rescanning the movie was not displayed correct. I tried H-TAB, Half-TAB, H-SBS & Half-SBS. None of these did work out for me. Im using Synology DiskStation as Server. Any ideas?

Great to see Paypal. I would love to support you guys. Also I would like to use the new Plexsync. Therefore I need a subscription Plexpass. Is there a way to do both wihtout owning a credit card?

Thanks everyone for your help!
    Thomas126 wrote:

Thanks for your answer. On my PC the content is top & bottom. But I already tried all possabilities and even after rescanning the movie was not displayed correct. I tried H-TAB, Half-TAB, H-SBS & Half-SBS. None of these did work out for me. Im using Synology DiskStation as Server. Any ideas?Great to see Paypal. I would love to support you guys. Also I would like to use the new Plexsync. Therefore I need a subscription Plexpass. Is there a way to do both wihtout owning a credit card?Thanks everyone for your help!

If you make a logfile and attach it, it might help us find the problem. Instruction to make a log are here
    edited December 2012
    Orca wrote:

If you make a logfile and attach it, it might help us find the problem. Instruction to make a log are here

Something weired happend yesterday. I tried playing the 3D movie on my Samsung with H-SBS (because on my PC is top-bottom). The Screen was splitted into left & right content. After going into the menu for checking 3D options, the context showed up in both sides. Seems like the output is displayes twice. Any ideas?
    Log file deleted.
    Orca wrote:

Others have tried it, but the TV doesn't support the format > mpeg4-mvc-3d-playback

OK thanks; although it seems the tv's could get updated to support it and you are suggesting in the other thread that you may be able to add support for it?
  • hd1080hd1080 Plex for Samsung Moderator Posts: 1,105Members ✭✭
    edited December 2012
    local.bin wrote:

OK thanks; although it seems the tv's could get updated to support it and you are suggesting in the other thread that you may be able to add support for it?

We can't add support for new codecs/formats. This can only be added by Samsung.
    hd1080 wrote:

We can't add support for new codecs/formats. This can only be added by Samsung.

I meant if the tv already supported it, then plex could add support for plex to use that codec?

Or if the tv supports, plex will automatically support?
    Orca wrote:

The codec of the video is: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC
  • hd1080hd1080 Plex for Samsung Moderator Posts: 1,105Members ✭✭
    local.bin wrote:

I meant if the tv already supported it, then plex could add support for plex to use that codec?

Or if the tv supports, plex will automatically support?

If the tv supports it then it should automatically work in Plex.
  • dane22dane22 Posts: 8,490Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    Thomas126 wrote:

Something weired happend yesterday. I tried playing the 3D movie on my Samsung with H-SBS (because on my PC is top-bottom). The Screen was splitted into left & right content. After going into the menu for checking 3D options, the context showed up in both sides. Seems like the output is displayes twice. Any ideas?
    Log file added.

Your logfile is useless, IMHO

First of all, you send a log-file for 15 days, and not even hinting about what to look for :rolleyes:

So.....just before duplicating the error, do the following...

Switch PMS into debug from within the web-client

Then switch the Samsung Plex app into debug (Preferences/general)

Then Stop/Start the PMS server (This will create a new logfile, so we don't have to digest 15 days of logging)

Then STATE in a post what the filename is

Logfile should look something like this:

Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf347db90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player check media filename for 3D: [/SHARE/MD0_DATA/VIDEO/3D/MEN IN BLACK 3 3D (2012)/MEN.IN.BLACK.3.2012.1080P.BLURAY.3D.H-SBS.DTS.X264-PUBLICHD.MKV]
    Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf2a23b90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player found in media filename: H-SBS
    Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf2a23b90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - TV supports 3D
    Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf347db90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player starting function playContent
    Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf2a23b90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player got Content Width: [1920] - Height: [1040] - Aspect Ratio: [1.85] (from PMS)
    Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf2a23b90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player Init Buffer: [1]
    Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf347db90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player Set Video Display Area: [1] - PosX: [0] - PosY: [10] - Width: [960] - Height: [520]
    Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf347db90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player Pending Buffer: [1]
    Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf2fffb90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player will set 3D to: [1]
    Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf2a23b90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player Total Buffer: [1]
    Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf347db90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player 3D mode changed to: SIDE_BY_SIDE

Best Regards

Tommy
    edited December 2012
    dane22 wrote:

Your logfile is useless, IMHO

First of all, you send a log-file for 15 days, and not even hinting about what to look for :rolleyes:

So.....just before duplicating the error, do the following...

Switch PMS into debug from within the web-client

Then switch the Samsung Plex app into debug (Preferences/general)

Then Stop/Start the PMS server (This will create a new logfile, so we don't have to digest 15 days of logging)

Then STATE in a post what the filename is

Logfile should look something like this:

Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf347db90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player check media filename for 3D: [/SHARE/MD0_DATA/VIDEO/3D/MEN IN BLACK 3 3D (2012)/MEN.IN.BLACK.3.2012.1080P.BLURAY.3D.H-SBS.DTS.X264-PUBLICHD.MKV]
    Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf2a23b90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player found in media filename: H-SBS
    Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf2a23b90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - TV supports 3D
    Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf347db90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player starting function playContent
    Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf2a23b90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player got Content Width: [1920] - Height: [1040] - Aspect Ratio: [1.85] (from PMS)
    Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf2a23b90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player Init Buffer: [1]
    Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf347db90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player Set Video Display Area: [1] - PosX: [0] - PosY: [10] - Width: [960] - Height: [520]
    Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf347db90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player Pending Buffer: [1]
    Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf2fffb90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player will set 3D to: [1]
    Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf2a23b90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player Total Buffer: [1]
    Dec 19, 2012 18:04:17 [0xf347db90] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player 3D mode changed to: SIDE_BY_SIDE

Best Regards

Tommy

Ok, thanks for your info. Log file added. Hopefully I deleted all unimportant stuff of the file. The name of the video is Men_in_Black_3.3D.half-tab.1080p.mkv. Thanks for your help!
    hd1080 wrote:

If the tv supports it then it should automatically work in Plex.

How is that done when the only way plex recognises 3d are by changes in the name of the file.

How should a combined image be named in order for plex to try and play it as 3d combined?

Seems the name is the key as an sbs file without the filenaming only plays in 2d.
    Thomas126 wrote:

Ok, thanks for your info. Log file added. Hopefully I deleted all unimportant stuff of the file. The name of the video is Men_in_Black_3.3D.half-tab.1080p.mkv. Thanks for your help!

According to the entries in your log, you are in 3D mode:

Dec 19, 2012 18:53:48 [0x43923490] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player will set 3D to: [2]
    Dec 19, 2012 18:53:48 [0x44f93490] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player 3D mode changed to: TOP_BOTTOM
    Dec 19, 2012 18:53:48 [0x45281490] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player Starting 3D content: [1] - From: [0sec]

So are you saying, that even though your Samsung PlexApp reports it's in 3D mode, it's not ?

If so, could you perhaps provide us with a 1 min sample of the movie ?

To see howto, look here

/Tommy
    dane22 wrote:

According to the entries in your log, you are in 3D mode:

Dec 19, 2012 18:53:48 [0x43923490] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player will set 3D to: [2]
    Dec 19, 2012 18:53:48 [0x44f93490] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player 3D mode changed to: TOP_BOTTOM
    Dec 19, 2012 18:53:48 [0x45281490] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Player.js] - Player Starting 3D content: [1] - From: [0sec]

So are you saying, that even though your Samsung PlexApp reports it's in 3D mode, it's not ?

If so, could you perhaps provide us with a 1 min sample of the movie ?

To see howto, look here

/Tommy

Actually I think it is in 3D. But it is very weired because the ouput of the video is splitted to left & right content. Also the menu of the TV is shown on both sides. Seems like the output of the TV is mirrored.
    I have shot a photo with my phone. The windows at bottom left says 3D active. But the info is shown on both sides of the splitted screen.

Also I have created the 1Min of the movie. Unfortunately its 100MB big. How to share it?
    Thomas126 wrote:

Also I have created the 1Min of the movie. Unfortunately its 100MB big. How to share it?

See offline msg
    The movie probably has a wrong format, as the log indicates it is switching correctly. Have you tried playing it with the All-Share player?.
    TBHO, you are better of getting H-SBS movies as they don't have so many different implementations and work 99% of the time.
    Orca wrote:

The movie probably has a wrong format, as the log indicates it is switching correctly. Have you tried playing it with the All-Share player?.
    TBHO, you are better of getting H-SBS movies as they don't have so many different implementations and work 99% of the time.

Agreed on both statements, if it counts :lol: