Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

ON DECK

REMOVE UN-WATCHED MOVIES FROM iOS APP
How do I remove unwatched or partially watched movies from the "On Deck" catagory in the iOS PLEX App

Comments

• unisonrussunisonruss Plex-Enthusiast Posts: 1,903Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Mark as "Watched."
  • kongulukongulu Posts: 3Members
    unisonruss wrote:

Mark as "Watched."

Sorry, because this sounds like a stupid question to me - but how does one do that in the iOS Plex App?

Thanks.
  • robertsonkevinrobertsonkevin Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    You can mark as 'Watched' or 'Unwatched' as you require, then hit the refresh icon top right of home screen and the items will be removed from your on deck.

To change the watch status, hold you finger on the desired item on the 'on deck' screen, a box will appear with PLAY and INFORMATION, click INFORMATION then at the bottom of the new window the solid white circle is 'Unwatched' and the hollow circle is 'Watched' just press which ever one you want it to be.

hope that makes sense

Kev
  • unisonrussunisonruss Plex-Enthusiast Posts: 1,903Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    ^^ yup. Once you do it once, it's really easy. Another way to remove would be to just finish the movie :)
  • kongulukongulu Posts: 3Members

You can mark as 'Watched' or 'Unwatched' as you require, then hit the refresh icon top right of home screen and the items will be removed from your on deck.

To change the watch status, hold you finger on the desired item on the 'on deck' screen, a box will appear with PLAY and INFORMATION, click INFORMATION then at the bottom of the new window the solid white circle is 'Unwatched' and the hollow circle is 'Watched' just press which ever one you want it to be.

hope that makes sense

Kev

Thank you - I would never have figured that out.
  • ovbgovbg Posts: 68Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I seem to have a slightly different problem. When viewing shows on my iPad, it won't adjust the view situation. In other words, if I stop half way through, it is still identified as unwatched, so I can't resume and it doesn't appear on my Deck. This only happens for shows from my windows server. If I view from my test Mac server, that works on the iPad as expected.

Is there a server setting for this?
  • jamjam Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,296Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass Plex Employee
    @ovbg: Is your Windows server signed in to the same account as your iPad?
  • ovbgovbg Posts: 68Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Hi Jam,

Yes it is, thanks for replying. I have noticed something odd. Some times it does change the setting to viewed and remember where I left off, but sometimes it doesn't.

Possibly related to this, I just stopped a show half way through 20 minutes ago, and it remembered the spot. However, on my iPad, it was not listed on the Deck, but it could be found in "recently viewed". Now, 20minutes later, I can see it on the deck. It appeared but with quite a bit of delay.
  • firedog7881firedog7881 Posts: 97Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    kongulu wrote on December 14 2012, 11:46 PM: »

How do I remove unwatched or partially watched movies from the "On Deck" catagory in the iOS PLEX App

I understand you can mark the movie as watched, but I don't want movies in my On Deck at all. I use Plex mostly for TV Shows. I may start to watch a movie and may decide that I don't like it and move onto something else. It is really annoying when I have a bunch of movies in my On Deck that are partially watched. How can I just not have movies be part of On Deck in the first place? 

• etsolowetsolow Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    firedog7881 wrote on November 5 2014, 4:00 PM: »

How can I just not have movies be part of On Deck in the first place? 

Seconded.

• firedog7881firedog7881 Posts: 97Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Nothing on this? How about an easy check box for "Include in On Deck: Movies, TV Shows, Music, Photos, etc."