Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Old version of Media server starts after reboot

tomkbuckstomkbucks Posts: 68Members, Plex Pass ✭✭
Since the upgrade now when i restart the mac the old version starts not the new version , its really frustrating and i cant work out how to stop it happening , any ideas ?

• tomkbuckstomkbucks Posts: 68Members, Plex Pass ✭✭
    no one able to help ?
  • joman2joman2 Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    What is "the old version" and what is "the new version"?

I don't think I can help you, but with more info, I'm sure someone can
    Ah sorry for the lack of info it's the latest version now, but starts the previous version after a reboot so seems they are both still installed?
  • BigWheelBigWheel Posts: 8,519Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    edited December 2012
    You probably still have the old server installed from the combined 9.3.4 server client and it is still set to start as a login item. Go to your mac system preferences user accounts and remove plex media server from the login items.

Also delete the old version of the server app located here. ~/library/application support/plex/plex media server.app

To get to the correct library folder hold down option while selection the "GO" menu in Finder and the correct Library folder will show up as a choice.

After you launch the new version of server again it shouldn't happen again. Assuming you are not running a version of client older than 9.5

If you are still running 9.3.4 version of client put an alias of the new server in the location above, delete the old one, and rename the alias to be "Plex Media Server.app"
    Thanks! Something to go on will try and have a go thanks!