Retroplex for PlexPass beta
for PlexPass users that have updated to the latest beta of "Plex for Home Theater" and wish to use Retroplex with it (and why wouldn't you :P ), you can. It's a bit more involved, but you can. I have created a branch of Retroplex on its GitHub pages (here), called "next-beta", which works with the latest beta, and should always do so. You can download and install it manually following the guide below. Once the PlexPass beta release becomes a stable public one, Retroplex main skin will be merged with the changes and you will be able to continue to use it as usual, via Preen.
This will also be a good place to report any funnies/strange issues/love/hate for the next generation Retroplex and make sure it all works perfectly for when the next amazing public release of Plex for Home Theater becomes available :) It should work as intended but it may just as well have issues here and there. If you find anything that seems suspicious, please report it in this thread so that it can be fixed.
Ok, so how to get Retroplex for PlexPass beta release?
1. Download the "next-beta" branch here (click on the "ZIP" button).
2. Unarchive it if needed, and rename the folder to "skin.retroplex"
3. Move the folder to /Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Plex Home Theater/addons
I should probably state that this is useful ONLY for PlexPass users that wish to install the skin for the latest beta release. If you use the latest stable Plex release, do not install this version of Retroplex: it won't work. It just won't. No, really.
Thanks for all the support everybody, and don't hesitate to comment if anything comes to mind :)
UPDATE: Sept 10th 2013
- Fixed season stacking in Recently Added
- Fixed myPlex login dialog
UPDATE: Feb 19th 2013
- Fixed the unwanted red button bg appearing
- Added duration to episode infos in "Big List" view
UPDATE: Feb 17th 2013
- Added "press up/down in home lists to quickly go back to main menu"
- Fixed underlines showing in home left side menu, introduced by latest update
UPDATE: Feb 16th 2013
- Fixed the missing "unwatched" indicators everywhere
- Added "unwatched" indicators to "Search" results
- Added "unwatched" indicators to TV Show "Banner" views
- Fixed missing "HD" indicators everywhere
- Fixed missing "Studio" flags in big posters view
- Fixed the video player settings windows lists not having focus
- Fixed "Media Detailed Info" window not showing for home items
- Hide Retroplex logo in "Now Playing" if the setting for hiding it is enabled
- Changed home lists selected media font
- Tweaked several details for more smooth prettiness