Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Media Player for Windows 8

wmerretzwmerretz Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass
Hi,

In the past I have seen a Plex Media Player download on the plex website for windows, however when I look on the website now I can only find the server download link. Where has the plex media player gone?

Can someone please send me a link or explain what has happened?

Thanks
Wolf

Comments

• TrudgeTrudge Gone off to greener pastures.... Posts: 9,360Members ✭✭✭
    wmerretz wrote:

Hi,

In the past I have seen a Plex Media Player download on the plex website for windows, however when I look on the website now I can only find the server download link. Where has the plex media player gone?

Can someone please send me a link or explain what has happened?

Thanks
    Wolf

There is no such thing as Plex Media Player, Plex Media Center is what you are after.

[attachment=13992:PMC.jpeg]
  • wmerretzwmerretz Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass
    edited December 2012
    Trudge wrote:

There is no such thing as Plex Media Player, Plex Media Center is what you are after.

[attachment=13992:PMC.jpeg]

Thanks for pointing that link out for me. I can't believe I overlooked it.

However in the mean time, I managed to find a link to Plex for Home Theatre. Seems to only be available to plexpass memebers and looks exactly like media center. How doe sit fit into the picture?

Thanks for the assistance.
  • TrudgeTrudge Gone off to greener pastures.... Posts: 9,360Members ✭✭✭
    wmerretz wrote:

Thanks for pointing that link out for me. I can't believe I overlooked it.

However in the mean time, I managed to find a link to Plex for Home Theatre. Seems to only be available to plexpass memebers and looks exactly like media center. How doe sit fit into the picture?

Thanks for the assistance.

Plex/HT is the replacement for PMC.