Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

XBMC nfo Importer working file for SYNOLOGY

pierrejean75pierrejean75 Posts: 53Members ✭✭
The "XBMC .nfo Importer.bundle" need just a modification to work on Synology nas

1°) Rename the folder "XBMC .nfo Importer.bundle" to "XBMCnfoImporter.bundle" (with no space and no dot in the name)

2°) Edit and modify the file "__init__.py" as follow

Original file :

class xbmcnfo(Agent.Movies):
name = 'XBMC .nfo Importer'
primary_provider = True
languages = [Locale.Language.NoLanguage]

Modified file :

class xbmcnfo(Agent.Movies):
name = 'XBMCnfoImporter'
primary_provider = True
languages = [Locale.Language.NoLanguage]

Now you should be abble to use XBMC .nfo Importer on SYNOLOGY nas...

Comments

• weybweyb Posts: 66Members ✭✭

Hi

I assume this is for Plex running on Syno NAS, not movies stored on a Syno NAS ?

regards

• SlrGSlrG Posts: 366Members ✭✭
    edited December 2015

Yes. It is only when running plex on the nas and it is no longer necessary to modify the "__init__.py". The folder still needs to be renamed due to github naming issues for zip files from XBMCnfoImporter.bundle-master to XBMCnfoImporter.bundle.

edited December 2015

Hi

thank you very much for your reply.
    I don't have Plex on my NAS as it can't be on the DS414 :-(
    so i installed Plex on a HTPC with Seven : can I download & install the zip file ? where exactly ?
    C:\Program Files (x86)\kodi\add-ons ?

regards

Its no Kodi addon, but an plex addon. You need to put it inside plex' plugins folder. The download is available here: Movies Agent, TVAgent.

You have to generate nfo files, posters, banners, theme song, trailer... by exporting your Kodi Library or by using another media manager like Ember. Then you can use the XBMC nfo importer agents to import that into Plex. Only jpg graphics files are supported at the moment by the agents.

Hi !

I already have 1 nfo file for each movie :-)
    Note : I know that Plex doesn't read the "watched status" :-(
    but as i have 2 versions of Star Wars Ep 4,5 & 6 (original & Special Edition), Plex doesn't see the Special Edition versions :-(
    and I hope that reading the nfo files with the bundle, it'll see them..
    no ? bad guess ?

regards

That should work fine. :)

edited December 2015

hi,

no : telling Plex to read the nfo files didn't help it see the 2 Star Wars versions
    but i read https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201018248-Merge-or-Split-Items & Yes ! it worked !

One question : how can I be sure that Plex reads the nfo files & doesn't look for information on internet instead ?

EDIT : maybe I forgot to choose the nfoImporter as primary agent...
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/38402/metadata-agents-for-exported-xbmc-library/p1

regards

You have to go to plex settings and select and order the agents the way you would like them to work in. When using only the XBMC Agent and maybe local media assets, no internet connection is necessary. You can turn the network off and it will still work. If you select more than those two agents, chances are the other agents will require and use information from the net if available.

Also when creating a library, you have to select the XBMC agent in the third step or plex will use its default agent, which will pull info from the net.

Plex still might group movies together if it thinks they are two parts of the same movie. There is nothing the agents can do to prevent that. But you already found out how to split them apart when it happens.

regards

Hi,

thank you for your details ! I modified my agents order

regards