Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Music Scanner - Personal Media Artists

MediaJunkieMediaJunkie Posts: 240Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
Local Art Support?
I am in the process of adding local art to all my media. This is because I want to be less dependent on Plex results (and I like to have all metadata local) and control my media art on a more granular level.
With Movies and TV Shows it works splendidly :D

However, I can't get it to work with the Plex Music Scanner, also I can't find any documentation on the wiki about it that indicates that it may not be possible yet.

So I have a couple of questions:
  • How can I use local album art
  • How can I use local artist images
  • How can I use local fanart

All three are supported in Plex because whenever I use Discogs or Last.FM agents, they show up.

There's another bug, I think, because I used the Personal Media Artists agent and it still scrapes artists and fanart images from the Internet (but where from?!).

Comments

• MediaJunkieMediaJunkie Posts: 240Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    No one using local artwork with his music collection?I hope the Personal Media Artists agent author can explain this a bit further and/or write support for local music artwork in the agent.
  • QuasarQuasar Posts: 242Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I wondered about that. I thought that might have used .nfo files.