Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Media Manager gone? Loads empty Safari page... Why?

rbusherbushe Posts: 2Members
edited January 2013 in OS X (Mac)
After recently updating pled media server my stand-alone media manager no longer opens. Instead it loads up the internet browser (Safari) with a designated ip address, Which is blank. I've tried reloading the page, using several different browsers. Where has the old media manager gone? And why does it load a web browser?

Any help will be greatly received!

Thanks

Comments

• schlossperleschlossperle Posts: 34Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    rbushe wrote:

After recently updating pled media server my stand-alone media manager no longer opens. Instead it loads up the internet browser (Safari) with a designated ip address, Which is blank. I've tried reloading the page, using several different browsers. Where has the old media manager gone? And why does it load a web browser?

Any help will be greatly received!

Thanks

The Media Manager is now in the Browser als Plex/Web package. It loads in any bowser, if it loads correctly. I had the same problem after updating. I read somewhere in the blogs that you have to delete the Plex/Web bundle to force it being loaded again. This solved the problem for me. I think it was this one: ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/WebClient.bundle. But make a backup before deleting it or google it, because I am not 100% sure this was the package to delete. Good luck!
  • rbusherbushe Posts: 2Members
    You absolute CHAMPION. It worked straight away like a treat! This has been plaguing me for the last month and i've searched high and low for the answer! Thanks so much. feeeeeeeew