Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex for Plexpass Direct Play not working on my Galaxy S3

john.ahern.au@me.comjohn.ahern.au@me.com Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
Plex for Plexpass Direct Play not working on my Galaxy S3
If I use 4G/LTE - The video transcodes and works perfectly.
If I use Wifi - The video uses direct play and either doesn't start or starts for 1/2 second then stops and starts again etc.

The video works fine over wifi on the old Android client.

Plex Media Server.log attached from when I press play (running PlexWeb 0.9.7.13)

Comments

• IanDBirdIanDBird Plex Employee Posts: 2,265Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

If I use 4G/LTE - The video transcodes and works perfectly.
    If I use Wifi - The video uses direct play and either doesn't start or starts for 1/2 second then stops and starts again etc.

The video works fine over wifi on the old Android client.

Plex Media Server.log attached from when I press play (running PlexWeb 0.9.7.13)

Sorry that you're having issues, but you haven't actually attached the log file? :)

One thing to know about the old application, is that if a Direct Play actually failed, it dropped back to transcoding without notifying the user. This just appeared as a slightly longer pause initially when the video was loaded. In order to determine exactly what was happening with the old application, i'd also need the Plex Media Server.log just after playback as well, so that I could compare both.

Thanks,
    Ian
  • john.ahern.au@me.comjohn.ahern.au@me.com Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    IanB! wrote:

Sorry that you're having issues, but you haven't actually attached the log file? :)

One thing to know about the old application, is that if a Direct Play actually failed, it dropped back to transcoding without notifying the user. This just appeared as a slightly longer pause initially when the video was loaded. In order to determine exactly what was happening with the old application, i'd also need the Plex Media Server.log just after playback as well, so that I could compare both.

Thanks,
    Ian

Hmmm - I chose the file - didn't hit the attach button. Here is the initial file - I'll get you a full before and after log file soon.
    I so love my Plex..... Stuck for an hour waiting for a car to be serviced? ??? Happy times when you have plex.
    I have created the following two logs.:

deleted my logs
    LTE:
    1. Start Plex
    2. Start client on GalaxyS3 with LTE only on
    3. Play movie for the first 30 seconds then stop
    4. Stop Plex Server
    5. Zipped up logs

deleted my logs
    Wifi:
    1. Start Plex
    2. Start client on GalaxyS3 with Wifi only on
    3. Play movie for about 30 seconds - now it says "Can't Play This Movie" (since the update last night???)
    4. Stop Plex Server
    5. Zipped up logs
  • lloydarkelllloydarkell Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    My Galaxy S3 also wont play over wifi but turning wifi off they play perfectly.
    Veried today that this is still an issue on the march 2 release.