Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Streaming to Roku from Chromebook

This may be in the wrong forum to begin with, and if so, I apologize. My primary computer at home is a Chromebook. I've been able to install the PlexIt chrome extension without a problem, and use it extensively to push YouTube & some other videos and video formats to my Roku. 

However, I can't run any live streams through it, and have issues with some video formats. Is there any sort of server app that runs on the Chromebook? 

Comments

• wineauxwineaux Posts: 252Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I think your answer may lie in getting a NAS box that has a native Plex server client available for it and the run Plex clients on devices like your ChromeBook or a Roku.
  • mhkingmhking Posts: 3Members
    wineaux wrote on March 9 2013, 9:09 PM: »

I think your answer may lie in getting a NAS box that has a native Plex server client available for it and the run Plex clients on devices like your ChromeBook or a Roku.

Hmmm. That may be a reasonable option. I'll have to play more with it. Thanks for the response. I appreciate it.